A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Scottie2004 said:
Hi, wonder if anyone can offer any advice. Just got the full version of BF2 after playing the demo for a few weeks. Having a problem whereby after about ten minutes of play a major hard disk access occurs and then repeated accesses occur causing the gameplay to be extremely stop / start whilst they occur. Thing is, until it happens the game is running brilliantly on my rig and this never happened on the demo. Pc is in sig. Thanks for the feedback.
Since u have 2Gb ram, it should be happening. Try moving the pagefile to another partition and set it to min and max size of 4Gb (to be safe). Go to the control panel>system>advanced>performance settings>advanced>virtual memory>select custom size on the drive u choose. its supposed to be faster on a separate drive on first partition.

Nb, only suggesting this as a last resort before knocking down ingame settings, since you should be able to have them set to high, with your graphics and memory.

ob1

ob1

Associate
No need for a pagefile with that much memory but if you are superstitious 100meg would be enough. Seperate drives for windows, bf2 and pagefile is definetly faster.

Defrag your drive?

The demo doesnt use as much memory, I used to play it on 512meg even with no lag.

The original full release of BF2 had a memory leak I seem to remember, you've patched upto date right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Patching the game makes it unplayable for me, yet you have to for online ranked play, hate 1.3! :mad:

You need a pagefile with 2gb ram, I regularly shoot over but not always when gaming. Its best just to stick it to 1gb or something silly if your not low on disk and forget about it, but I regularly end up using the PF as 2gb ram just is not enough for me at all!

Soldato
Is there going to be a fix for the issues in the 1.3 patch? I still love the game but it is getting tiring seeing "There is a problem with your connection" And it normally only happens when I am actually having a not bad round :p

Soldato
Yeah normally the server crashes its a pain, I also get it at the end of every round too then it goes away as it moves on to the stats screen.

Associate
After posting about the problems, I tried changing a Graphics settings, just changed the res and then back again. Seems to have sorted itself. Managed to get four hours without so mutch as a glitch. Considered defragging HD but its a brand new windows installation so I can't see it having been messed up too much yet.

On another note, can anyone suggest some decent servers where squad tactics seem to be present. Had a few games last night where my team seemed like headless chickens. Any good clan servers etc?

Soldato
=50k= is the only place I've been on so far where you're pretty much guaranteed a good game every time.

I tried commanding a team on an EA UK server earlier....won't be trying that one again :rolleyes:

Soldato
Well after my problems playing online i performed the following actions:

-Uninstalled all nForce, Forceware and X-Fi drivers
-Downloaded and installed all latest drivers
-Completely uninstalled BF2
-De-fragged hard drive
-Re-installed BF2 and updated with full 1.3 patch

It now works perfectly for the first time in 3 months so now i can actually play online :D ive got a lot of time to make up for :p

I have another query though, how do i enable V-sync and Anisotropic Filtering in this game? I know its something to do with the Nvidia conrtol panel...

Soldato
Johanson said:
I have another query though, how do i enable V-sync and Anisotropic Filtering in this game? I know its something to do with the Nvidia conrtol panel...

Ansiotropic filtering is set with the "Texture Filtering" option in game, either Low, Medium or High IIRC. Not sure what numbers these relate to though, probably 2x, 4x, 8x but that's just a guess.

V-Sync needs to be done in the nVidia drivers. I wouldn't recommend setting AF or AA in the drivers as it messes up the ingame text when it's enabled with both.

Soldato
I picked up a audigy 2 plat ex today when i enable hardware in the sound options the music goes off, its as if the front speakers aint working properly and when i boot up a game theres sound missing for sure anyone got any ideas.

Caporegime
Goberpiles316 said:
Can someone please explain to me how someone can run, jump, prone and shoot and one hit kill you all in one action?

3-4 times this has happend to me.

Welcome to bf2, that one extremely GAY little tactic is all more or less anyone does while using infantry, soo much variety in this game. :o

Caporegime
Goberpiles316 said:
Can someone please explain to me how someone can run, jump, prone and shoot and one hit kill you all in one action?

I don't know how people manage that, I've only come across it once or twice but its incredibly annoying, especially when they're up close and you can't hit them for love or money.

Soldato
Goberpiles316 said:

Sprint , jump , press prone in the air , fire when you land , thats it. Crouch to get up so no delay like there is going straight from prone to standing.

If you mean they are repeatedly doing it , then it's

Sprint , jump , prone , crouch... repeat , firing when you land.

Back
Top Bottom