Nice Temps on X2 3800 @ 2.62 - Scythe Ninja

ob1

ob1

Associate
Ive had an idle temp like that but I'd left the window open in the middle of winter and there was a frost that night. I took advantage and got a 50% overclock - after putting my coat on :D

I dont think your cpu idle can be below room or the case temp unless you use something more then air cooling, maybe they'll improve heatpipes in the future and it'll become possible.

MBM reports my cpu temp as -67. He hasnt updated it in years, are there plugins that would account for newer motherboards?

Has no one ever tried ducting cold air from a window to the intake of a case?

Last edited:
Associate
Bones said:
When you update the bios on the DFI ultra-d will you need to re-install windows or anything like that? or will everything be fine if you just update it?

my DFI ultra-d says its 36 degrees at full load running at 2.6ghz

//side note @stevenG have u got 2 ATI cards running on the same board in dual xpress? what features does this actually give you?
No you will not have to re-install windows, just change the BIOS settings back to what you previously had (not required on all boards).

The two ati cards in a nvidia (sli moddable) board are for dual monitors not extra performance

Associate
so for instance, u could have a movie playing on one screenm internet on another, and a game running on another? I mean when you try and play a video and a game at the same time on one card it can mess up.

Back
Top Bottom