PDA mount

Soldato
I've got an iPaq 4700 with a CF GPS receiver. Now all I need is a way of mounting it in my car so it's over to you lot for suggestions.

Ideally I want it to be as small and inconspicuous as possible as it's not like I can chuck it in the glovebox when I leave the car.

Maybe I should've bought an Astra, wouldn't have that problem then.......

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It sounds silly, but isnt there anywhere that you can wedge it? With my dell axim with CF receiver ive found about 4-5 places where i can wedge it, saves having a holder on show for when im parked up in dodgy areas.

One place ive started having it is on its side just propped up against the dials in my dash, easy to look at alongside the speedo etc then.

Soldato
Jez said:
having it is on its side just propped up against the dials in my dash, easy to look at alongside the speedo etc then.

I do the same with my QTek9000, sitting on a small piece of non-slip mat. My brother secures his TomTom 300 in front of the dials with some Blu-tac.

Soldato
Best advice I can give you is finding someone who's selling loads of holders on ebay and ask to go and have a look at his stuff.

I luckily found a guy local to me who sells tons of the stuff, so I went round for him to have a look and came out with a great powered setup for about £25. :D

You couldn't get a custom setup like mine by just ordering online, you really need to see this stuff and how it would go in your car.

For example, this bloke managed to find a clip that fits perfectly in the cubby hole in my mx-5. I have this bolted in, so I can remove the whole lot and all that's left is small bolt which you can hardly see anyway.

He's in Aylesbury though, so a bit far away. Here's the website but a lot of his stuff isn't even listed.

Be careful with the vent clips if yours aren't standard shape. Apparantly a bloke with an Audi TT got a cheap vent clip stuck, and ended breaking the vent by accident. I have small circular vents, so the clips are useless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom