Case Query ?

Associate
Going on what is sold on this site. what case would people suggest here as a cheap decent case that would help minimise any noise. Im not fussed much on looks or weight etc etc.

As i have no clue as to what case's are any good thanks.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Arctic Cooling T1 Silentium Midi Tower Case - 350W Seasonic Silent PSU (CA-000-AR)

This looks intresting. they any good ? seem good value for your money :)

Soldato
SPCR, the Antec fanboys choice. :p

I would go for the Lian Li PC7+ with that money, the AC T1 is built quite shabbily if you plan to do any upgrades once you build the PC, and you can't change the PSU. Good value in its area, but you may already have a PSU and that would ruin the idea of the case.

Depends what you wish to run in the case to as to its usefulness, the PC7+ can go right to the top end easily, as can the Lanboy.

The SLK3000B at that price is to close to the Lanboy, which I think is a better case personally.

Soldato
;) Still the best site around for testing and reviewing 'quiet' kit, even though they are in bed with Antec on co-developing the 180.
Would be interesting to see them review the Super-Lanboy.

Soldato
They do make good reviews, but they just never seem to point out the big niggles with Antec cases, it is probably because they are not allowed to.

I know when I make an enquiry to review one manufacturers case I was told I could not slate it, so I told them sorry for wasting there time.

No point in reviewing a case if you can't be honest, why I have a deep distrust of the major hardware sites, especially with something which can be highly subjective like a case.

I know for a fact when I got my Xaser III SKULL I thought it was the best case ever, until I tried better.

You can not benchmark a case unfortunately, what you have to do is find someone with similar case choice in the past to you and see how they found the upgrade.

Or if they use a Vento, just recommend them anything else and they will be happy. :p

Back
Top Bottom