Taga V Seasonic

Suspended
First of all, without knowing you PC specs it’s incredibly difficult to recommend any hardware for you. Please make a signature with your full PC spec (read the forum rules first tho).

Secondly, Seasonic rock ;) I bought an S12 500w and it’s the quietest PSU I’ve ever come across. Some of the cables are a little short for some cases (e.g. Antec P180) and also it’s more difficult to get the cabling neat as it’s not modular. But in terms of performance, reliability, noise and stability, I’d say you can’t go wrong with a Seasonic.

Make sure you get an adequately rated PSU for your system tho (hence needing to know the specs). DFI based, overclocked Athlon64’s, for example, need a good solid PSU.

Associate
Hi

I put a seasonic s12 430w in my HTPC last week and was amazed how quiet it was and was able to 7v the case fans due to the additional cooling provided by the 120mm fan in the seasonic, was very happy with my decision until 3 days later the seasonic's 12v line failed (this is the first time i have had a psu fail on me) - it is now winging its way back to be replaced.

note the HTPC is not the kit in my sig so it wasnt overloaded

Permabanned
I have a Seasonic and it is nice, not modular but that isn't an isssue for me. I think they are making them modualar now though anyway.

I have never seen an expensive PSU before but you can tell this thing is made well. Huge heatsync inside and it is quiet and works great. They are also apparently the only PSUs to be awarded some kind of Uber energy waiting.

Back
Top Bottom