Specs Cameras on A3 Eastbound?

Soldato
I've noticed tonight on the website linkie below that they seem to think there is Specs Cameras on the A3 Eastbound near Guildford. Personally I've never noticed these and am unable to find details on any other website.

SPEED CAMERA DATABASE HERE

Has anyone else seen these or heard about them?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I'm worrying now, I was through there earlier tonight. Hit about 90 for part of it due to trying to keep up with a mate. :(

I didn't see any cameras but it was dark at the time. Should I be concerned?

Suspended
I wouldn't worry too much, I went through a month or so ago, in a convoy of ten or so cars, at... slightly illegal speeds and nobody is in trouble.

edit: Do you mean...
Guildford - A3
Eastbound A3 In layby between BP Garage and M25 junction 10 Police use camera facing traffic. More Details.

If so, that reads as if it's a police car, and some muppet's chosen the wrong icon. I've never seen SPECS there and I stop at the BP every time I drive the A3.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nozzer said:
I wouldn't worry too much, I went through a month or so ago, in a convoy of ten or so cars, at... slightly illegal speeds and nobody is in trouble.

edit: Do you mean...

If so, that reads as if it's a police car, and some muppet's chosen the wrong icon. I've never seen SPECS there and I stop at the BP every time I drive the A3.

There seems to be 2 entries on there for that area of the A3 Guildford which refers to specs. The other seems to think they were only switched on about 2 days ago.

Suspended
Yes, I noticed that one too, however it's not very detailed/conclusive. I didn't think the local authorities used SPECS in NSL areas at the moment anyway, only in road works/lower limits? I know there's a stretch near Northampton in a 40 or 50 limit, on a nice big dual carriageway, which seems utterly ridiculous...

I guess we need someone local. I say we, as I'm driving that stretch this weekend. Probably in the Elise, but it'd be nice to know :).

Soldato
OP
Nozzer I work for a distribution company so I'm going to see if I can find out whether there is any truth in it today so I'll let you know. :)

Associate
I didn't see anything on my way past yesterday morning.

Doubt they would manage to get anything like that installed within 24 hours without a lot more people noticing

Soldato
OP
It looks like they have their info wrong on that website. I spoke to a couple of our drivers and none of them had ever seen any Specs systems on the A3. Plenty of mobile units though. :(

Suspended
Cheers
icon14.gif

Never seen a mobile unit on the A3, but then I tend to drive it very early weekend mornings.

Associate
I live just by that stretch of the A3 and have never seen Specs cameras there, however I occaisionally see speed cameras set up facing the carriageway at the bridge after the BP garage (the one by Ripley where theres only an entry to the South bound carriageway).
It's there a couple of times a month so I suspect thats where the confusion is.

Back
Top Bottom