So only another 29 days and 21 hours..

Soldato
..to go until the new underOATH album is released! I have a feeling I may be the only one really excited about this album here, but my God I am REALLY excited... You can listen to one of the new tracks of the album on their myspace page but it doesnt really show much of the music! www.myspace.com/underoath to listen to it and the rest of their stuff!

I can't wait to hear it, although progressively each of their albums has been getting more commercial emo and less of their original raw heavy sound, i have high hopes. Apparently this album is going to sound more like Changing of Times and less commercial than Theyre Only Chasing Safety. If they can encorporate some of their really raw heavy sounds from Act of Depression and mix it with the sound of Changing of times I am going to be extactic!

Anyone else looking forward to this album? Or does anyone else even like their stuff?

Soldato
Underoath are great. They're only chasing safety is a bloody great album.

Got a feeling the new album will be damn good too ;)

Soldato
OP
Yes *high five*! I was beginning to think that no-one on OCUK had heard of them! Theyre new stuff is looking to shape up good! The lead singers vocals are amazing and I love how he can sing so well and then manage to scream pretty well to! When you look at him aswell he is just like some scrawny little boy who needs to eat... So powerful though! I appreciate the fact that they are a Christian band aswell :p

Soldato
OP
Listening to the album now, am a little disappointed if I am completely honest. The potential is there for the album, but there are no real upbeat songs... it has taken a step backwards... Perfectly they should have used their ideas from the changing of times in this album and gone with more faster riffs etc.

Associate
Carzy said:
Underoath are great. They're only chasing safety is a bloody great album.

Got a feeling the new album will be damn good too ;)

As with many bands of this type, they shout too much. The problem is that the emotion conveyed through screaming/shouting is lost when it's done a majority of the time. Similar, in a way, to the boy who cried wolf.

I don't dislike the band but they could definitely be better. They've also written a song that sounds remarkably similar to one by Jimmy Eat World.

Soldato
Apart from Salmamir I think it's a good album. Not as good as Chasing Safety, but I still like it. I haven't listened to it in a while though, /me whacks it on.

Soldato
OP
Carzy said:
Not heard them, will have to check them out.

Act of depression is a lot different and very heavy! Changing of times is like They're only chasing safety but again heavier... UnderOATH have gone from heavy to emo... Their latest album was supposed to go back to their raw sound and more heavy which it has in a way, but it is not as good as their old stuff, shame really!

Soldato
I used to love underOATH, until they started preaching after their set at download 05. I still like them but just not as much. It's not that i'm anti religion or anything, but I paid £150 for a ticket to a festival and with their little speach and the Gouranga monks, I began to get a little annoyed.

Soldato
OP
fus said:
I used to love underOATH, until they started preaching after their set at download 05. I still like them but just not as much. It's not that i'm anti religion or anything, but I paid £150 for a ticket to a festival and with their little speach and the Gouranga monks, I began to get a little annoyed.

Unfortunately its what the band have always stood for really, they have always been preachy and even their lyrics are preachy. Its not something you can escape with a christian band really though lol!

Back
Top Bottom