• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What game to test me new SLi setup!?

Associate
Will any game work in SLi or do i need patches for the games?

I have my new dell 2407 running at 1920 * 1200

and now i have 2 7800 GTX XXX 512MB cards to test with it :)

I can't get fear to run at 1920 * 1200 only 1600 * 1200

Need a fps game to test it with maximum settings!?!

Battlefield 2 runs fine on the one card at maximum settings, (i have to force it into 1920 * 1200 though)

Soldato
You should be able to force a higher resolution in FEAR too.

Tweakguides said:
Settings.cfg

"ScreenWidth" "1280"

"ScreenHeight" "1024"

FEAR does not support certain resolutions from within the game. Fortunately you can assign a custom resolution by editing these lines in the Settings.cfg file. However before setting a custom resolution, first go into the Options menu in FEAR and set the Display options you want (aside from resolution). Next, close the game and Edit the lines above - change the ScreenWidth to the pixel width of the custom resolution you desire, and the same for ScreenHeight. Upon restarting the game your custom resolution will be applied. However don't go back into the Display settings screen in the in-game options as this will reset your resolution to one of the default resolutions. To check your new resolution go to Performance>Advanced Video Options and check the 'Screen Resolution' setting which should display the new resolution. You can now adjust and test the remainder of your settings.

If your resolution is accidentally reset, re-edit this file, or make it Read Only once you applied all the tweaks you want. Also, if you find this method doesn't work for you, you may have to create a new Profile and/or delete your other profiles for it to work.
the file is under shared documents> monolith productions

Soldato
just go play oblivion at max details and rez of 1920x1200 with 16xAA and 16xAF.
then come back here in tears and post how crappy your sli setup is.

Last edited:
Associate
oweneades said:
Oblivion is probably the only game that will literally bring that setup to its knees and then some.
I'll second that, quite early on in the game after getting a horse and running across country my frame rate was struggling to make it past 5fps, turning shadows etc off barely helped.

Associate
Having said that the bottleneck will be you CPU not your graphics cards. You'll find your performance outside is pretty much fine, but there will be a few scenes in cities, anvil in particular, where you can stare at a door and not get out of the 20's in terms of frames a second.

Associate
I'm at 1600x1200 using HDR and have similar performance. I've got a fairly well tweaked ini file though. I've tended to find that the min frames a second (which is the killer in this game rather than the average) is not really that related to resolution.

Back
Top Bottom