who's actually got a dell 2407 and what's your opinion on it?

Associate
i really would like to buy a 24" tft and the dell was going to be my choice but reading all the bad stuff about them has put me off. Would I be better off getting a 2405? HDCP protection isn't going to come in for a fair amount of time yet so is HDCP support such a big deal at this time?

nam

nam

Soldato
Truszy said:
i really would like to buy a 24" tft and the dell was going to be my choice but reading all the bad stuff about them has put me off. Would I be better off getting a 2405? HDCP protection isn't going to come in for a fair amount of time yet so is HDCP support such a big deal at this time?

I have A02 rev and it superb :)

more here

Associate
I have an A01 and to be honest the banding hasn't bothered me at all, i don't look for it so its not there!!

If someone else hadn't pointed it out would you of noticed???

Associate
Got one, and love it!.

Need more power from video cards mind you to play the lastest games at top specs with full screen, I have two 7800 GTX cards and they just can't cut it.

Soldato
What do you call decent fps? I've got two 7800 GTX's as well. They'll do for the moment but they struggle. I'm waiting to see what the next card releases bring and I'll probably upgrade then. Ove thin I have noticed with day of Deafeat Source, the fps is the same whether it's at 1920x1200 or 1600x1050!!! So my thoughts of running at a lower res to improve fps if needed have gone straight out of the window!!!

Associate
No probs with mine - can see the banding in certain modes but no probs with component connection and no problems with Desktop Mode over DVI. Brilliant for work and games :D

Soldato
I am hoping to get one at the end of next month ( along with a Master x1900) so hope they will come down slightly - but knowing my luck they will actually rise in price significantly lol

Soldato
Got one, Rev. A01

Banding? What banding? What I use the screen for doesn't show any banding thus it is a non issue for me.

Taking a little adjusting too from a dual sceen setup but I love it :)

Associate
I have a Rev A01, and have noticed *considerable* banding in some video, even in desktop mode.

I moved it over to my CRT, which showed there was some banding in the source. It really is barely noticable on the CRT, but so massively exaggerated on the Dell that it was pretty much unwatchable :mad:

Though the Dell has an amazing contrast, I think maybe it works against it here? :confused:

I'd be interested to know if anybody has an A01 and an A02 to confirm if this is still an issue, because if they've fixed it in A02 I *demand* an A02... for this price, I shouldn't have to revert to watching video on my 3/4 year old CRT that cost about a quater of the price :(

As for desktop use and gaming, simply amazing :D

Permabanned
Rev A01 here, banding isnt noticable unless you really look for it and even then its very minor but for general use, desktop, games, movies its a non-issue imo.

One of the few upgrades i've had in a while which i'm actually happy with. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I got one last week (a A01 version though :( ) and apart from being difficult to get the balance of brightness and colours right it's great. I don't see any banding except in some pictures, but I think that is due to poor JPEG encoding not the monitor...

Games runs real nice and once you convince your graphic card drivers to run the non-widescreen games in 4:3 they look good as well.

Associate
Hi, just asked overclockers if they could supply a revision A02 monitor & they replied :-
''Revisions are handled by dell and as such, we hold no knowledge or control over them ''
Surly they would know by looking at the no on the packaging, i was going to order one but only if it was AO2.
Anyone else been told this ??

Man of Honour
when you consider that Dell only supplied A01 or later to the UK and that A01 is pretty much no different (if at all) from A02 anyway, i don't see it mattering too much.

Back
Top Bottom