Project Android

Associate
I like the idea of the chest hinging upwards but how about using a piston thing from a car boot to lift it up, and use a one of those door latches you push to release then push again and it latches on. That way you can push her chest and it will lift up of it's own. ;)
You could even rig up a fridge like switch to turn on a light in the chest cavity when you open it up.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Herminator said:
I like the idea of the chest hinging upwards but how about using a piston thing from a car boot to lift it up, and use a one of those door latches you push to release then push again and it latches on. That way you can push her chest and it will lift up of it's own. ;)
You could even rig up a fridge like switch to turn on a light in the chest cavity when you open it up.

I had actually considered the piston idea. I have no idea where to get a suitable piston or how to mount it though. I like the 'fridge light' idea, thanks for that. I might end up using that.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

I had actually considered the piston idea. I have no idea where to get a suitable piston or how to mount it though. I like the 'fridge light' idea, thanks for that. I might end up using that.

Would a basic pneumatic one like Tt use on the tai chi do?

Associate
Hope this wont class as a competetor (who in their right mind would pay their prices for PC parts anyway) but RS compoments stock the gas springs with an adjustable lift, they normally come with the mounting hardware, i did have a few around but can only find a big one that will be too powerful for that. linky Have found a 240mm x 6mm dia rod one but not much pressure left in it, very weak.

Nice project BTW

Associate
Well if you need any large pistons you could just go to a scrap yard and take some off old cars, maybe just use them for show on some of the larger pieces. Smaller ones are tricky unless you buy them.

Back
Top Bottom