• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this quick enough for a 1900XTX

Soldato
I would stop using that pc with that card in it A.S.A.P !!

Its only a matter of time before the card goes pop,

a decent powersupply imo, would be the Tagan 580w or Enermax Liberty 620w, i have the Enermax and its a great power supply :)

Runs my X1900 Perfectly :D

EDIT : You want something with realy juicy rails lol,

My Enermax has Two 12volt rails, both have 22 amps on them

Soldato
my hiper is colder than the heat sink on my cpu.............. :confused: , i also got rid of old nvidia drivers (god knows where they came from), and it plays about 3 fps faster on fear. not much of an increase

Caporegime
Yeah its pointing towards the PSU id say as well, as said above it definately aint got enough power on the 12v rail to feed your x1900, and the CPU will be fine, it will be bottlenecked, but will still be fine as said, im runnning a 3500+ here, and ive got cracking gaming performance with my x1800 XT 512mb. :)

Soldato
Damn looks like Im gonna need a new psu too. I just bought a X1900XT and im gonna use it on a Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard and conroe 6600.

My readings of my sparkle 400w are as follows:
DC output - +3.3v - 28.0A(org)
+5v - 40.0.0A(red)
+12v - 16.0A(yel)
+5vsb-20A(purp)
-5v-0.3A(white)
-12v 0.8A(blue)

Not good enough?

Thing is I dont know whether to get a ATX 2.1 or 2.2 version? the asus board has a 4 pin conector and other conroe boards have a 8 pin atx connector as well as the normal atx one. :confused:

Soldato
Ok mate thanks. Is this one any good...

Enermax Liberty 500W ELT500AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CA-025-EN)
Enermax Liberty series power supplies are for those who still live in a cave. PCI-Express video cards and CPUs reaching near 4G require a new standard in power supply design. It is a modular power supply and comes with a cable management sytem to keep your case as tidy as possible.

- Modular cable management system
- 2 x 6 pin PCI-Express VGA Connectors for SLi Compatibility
- Intel approved ATX 2.2 (20/24 pin connectors)
- Separate 12V rails: Independent 12V rails supply to MB/CPU
- Meet UL 240VA safety requirements offer a safer perating circumstance to users
- S-ATA connectors
- Convertible design to power up ATX/BTX systems and support dual CPU entry-level server/workstation
- Special design 12cm fan combines silence and cooling by intelligent speed control
- Active PFC function: PF value 0.99 under condition of 230VAC/50Hz at full load
- Toughest EMI shielding protects your system and near-by appliances.

I hope it will fit in my antec p180 case.

Or I suppose I could buy the Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CA-024-EN) - instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm running an A64 3500+, X1900 XT, 1GB RAM and I get 4650 in 3dmark06 with everything at stock. It could be some driver control panel settings that mistakenly switched on, like anti-aliasing, etc. Try installing the Omega drivers and see if that makes any difference. As for FEAR, I play at 1280x1024, 2xAA/8xAF maxxed out except I put the texture resolution to medium because I only have 1gb ram which causes stuttering; otherwise it runs great. But...don't worry FEAR is resource hog and runs slow with lots of AA/AF...but then again you do have 2gb RAM which is worrying.

Still, I'd invest in a better PSU. I'm currently using a Hiper 580w Type-R (non-modular) and its runs everything fine plus its not too expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to buy Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CA-024-EN)

Can get one at a shop local to me for £111. :)

Is this ok? has anyone used one in a antec p180? does it fit, ie cables stretch all the way?

Oh and how noisy/quiet is it?

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing you want to make sure of with the P180 is the size of the PSU itself - plus the extra length of the modular cables when plugged in. I have a Tagan 580w and I had to move the bottom chamber fan to the other side and move my hard drives up into the top compartment.

Soldato
Yeah, it's hard to get everything just right in this case. I just moved the 120mm fan in the bottom to the other side where it was mounted before.

EDIT: It will fit if you have done the same as I have. :)

Associate
OP
Cheers to everyone for all the info;

Just looking at PSU'

i dont really have a £100 for a psu at the mo, so was looking at either the

Enermax Liberty 500W ELT500AWT for £70
or
Tagan TG580-U15 580W ATX2.01 for £82

would like to get away with the Enermax due to cost?

comments most welcome

Back
Top Bottom