Great...someone else has gone off the bridge

Soldato
penski said:
When I worked at BT (further along the river, on the opposite bank), we used to run a book on whether people threatening to jump off the high-level bridge would actually go through with it.

*n

Was that hadrian TSC on melbourne street?

Soldato
Amp34 said:
Is it that regulat an occurance? That is actually quite shocking! :eek:

doesnt it happen at every bridge.

i know the viaduct down bishop always gets the idiots standing on its edges...

some go, most the time they realise what they are doing and come out of their trance

Associate
The Erskine Bridge is a favourite for jumpers in the Glasgow area. The cooncul put up big fences a couple of years ago to stop the jumpers falling into people's gardens / onto roads etc but left the bit over the river unprotected - meaning they are effectively permitting suicide as long as they do it into the river.

Caporegime
I suppose, but then I dont live near a major river. :confused:

EDIT:

Betting started on why they jumped.

Mine would be a obsessive football fan because England lost. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
They never would have jumped if Miles Davies was playing.

I've got a bit of De-Phazz on at the moment.

No jumpers near me.

(Or bridges, for that matter.)

Maz

Maz

Soldato
When I used to work in Gateshead, used to get a few of them on the Tyne Bridge.

Inconsiderate ******** used to take me an hour longer to get home after the diversion through town.

Associate
Silly question i know but how do these jumpers die when jumping into a river?

Is it the impact from height into the now concrete hard water or is it the fact that they know they can not swim and so drown? :confused:

Soldato
Gothic Draconia said:

Is it the impact from height into the now concrete hard water or is it the fact that they know they can not swim and so drown? :confused:
Dont really know but i reckon hitting the water from such a height will break the odd bone and at least knock em sparko. If they're lucky it's broken neck time, if not its drowning.

Happy to be corrected though.

Associate
Gothic Draconia said:

Think its a combination of both, i mean the impact would probably break bones, so therefore cant swim. Or they go so deep that by the time they try and get to the surface they have drowned.

The distance from the Redheugh bridge is pretty far like!

Soldato
going at 30mph(?) or whatever whilst water skiing - if you fall over, you bounce. I know the angle of incidence is totally different, but I would bet the decceleration involved would spark anyone out, and brake more than one or two bones.

Soldato
penski said:
We just ran Yes or No.

Then times.

Yes - what time they jump (to the nearest 5 minutes).

No - what time they get bundled in the back of a paddy wagon and carted off (again, to the nearest 5 minutes).

*n

Reminds me of the Monty Python Sketch with the 2 bolkes in the office, 1 trying to get a person to jump the other asking him not to dude to a bet :D

Soldato
Very inconsiderate.

Much like those who throw themselves under trains during the morning rush hour. Buggers then make everyone hang around for hours while they are scraped off the tracks.
Why can't they at least have the common courtesy to do it off peak... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom