The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Soldato
As I was a bit bored waiting for dinner (and the GF wasnt looking ;) ) I've "knocked up" this wp for those interested. Colours appear a bit off between pics but its a 5 min job.

White background, add what you wish etc etc. Have the PSP file if needed too.

Associate
My Xp desktop running a vista theme. Need to sort out some icons now and ill be sorted :D

untitled10fh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
iain.turner said:
Just downloaded these... [Link]

Where do I extract them too? Thanks. :)
Extract them to a folder and browse for the file through the app you want to use.

eg. you want to use the icon in an Avedesk widget. You create a new widget, right click it and go to properties and change the icon in there.

Associate
mark1 said:
Extract them to a folder and browse for the file through the app you want to use.

eg. you want to use the icon in an Avedesk widget. You create a new widget, right click it and go to properties and change the icon in there.

So is there away that I can change the way when I save documents it automatically uses a said one?

Also when I go to change some of them the change icon is grayed out....

vEHDLM.JPG

Associate
iain.turner said:
Also when I go to change some of them the change icon is grayed out....

Indeed, some shortcuts wont let you change the icons (Outlook being an example that springs to mind).

You need to delete the shortcut and create one manually (i.e. find the .exe and right click | create shortcut). This will let you change the icon

Soldato
iain.turner said:
So is there away that I can change the way when I save documents it automatically uses a said one?
Yup. Go into explorer and go to Tools --> Folder Options --> File Types tab --> Select the filetype --> Advanced --> Change Icon

:)

Associate
im afraid i dont , it took me hours upon hours of trawling to find it , but i can email it to you if you like?

P.S edit where you being serious about the wallpaper?

Back
Top Bottom