• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX GeForce 6800 XT Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 doubling up?

Associate
Am I right in saying that I can install 2 of these cards at the same time - motherboard permitting?
If so is it an easy operation and importantly is it worth it?
My manual with the current card makes no mention of this?

Cheers,

Richard

Associate
the card you have should have a notch on the front facing side for a sli bridge. If it has not then it is not an sli card, alternatevely you can check your nvidias control panel, it will tell you if your card has sli capabilities or not

Soldato
Should give a decent boost, but depending on what its costing you id consider flogging your current 6800XT and putting the cash to a 7600GT or maybe a cheap X1800XT instead. I think the 7600GT may be as quick as 2x6800XTs and the 1800XT is certainly quicker.

Anyhow, if you do go down the 6800XT route intalling is easy. Depending on what mobo you have just flip the little paddle card on the mobo, or do it in the bios.

Inert card. boot up, enable SLI,

Job done :)

Soldato
Just like to compliment MeatLoaf on some quality advice :)
icon14.gif

Associate
Very good advice, those 6800xt's i consider a rip off compared to the price/performance of slightly dearer cards as meatloaf mentioned :)

I had a 6800xt 256mb version, it gave less 3dmark06 points than the 6600gt 128mb it replaced :eek:

Back
Top Bottom