Theiving Scum

Associate
Went out monday night and well it was a rough nite, drank quite a bit at this bbq then went to some pubs, the next morning i woke up panicing as i could not find my wallet... fair enough thought i had lost it, cancelled all my cards the next morning.. felt terrible as its not like me to lose my wallet, even on the worse nights out..

Looks on my statement this morning and someone has used my card to top up there o2 phone, i phone lloyds fraud people and they are sorting it out, so its obvious my wallet was stolen, and before i shell out for another driving license, is there anyway i could get o2 to give me the phone number of the person who topped up there phone using my card ? especially as i have the account and card number or would telling the police what has happened help ? as i intially reported it lost, and its obvious its was taken from me as they must have the power to make o2 give them the number + possible address?

All views opinions / suggested courses of action apreciated, but i think i need to move quick...

Soldato
Unlucky, just phone O2 and see what they can do.

Try more than once too, if someone tells you there's nothing you can do then persist with someone else who might be more willing to help you.

You did the right thing cancelling your cards anyway, luckily they only topped up their phone, could have been much worse :)

Man of Honour
As the phone is obviously a pay and go, there is little chance of being able to find out the owner of it anyway. :(

Associate
OP
if i got the number tho i could ring up and claim i was delivering something etc, we have had it done to us where we work and got charged a fortune in the process, once i have the address, tell the police and let them sort it.

Soldato
As said let the police sort it out. Unfortunetly I dont see what you can do about the driving license except pay out for another one. Your household insurance might cover you though? As for asking for the phone number that was topped up o2 wouldnt be able to supply you with the number in question due to data protection laws. Besides its more than possible that whoever used your card has already thrown that SIM card away and is using another by now.

Associate
MaX_PoWah said:
Looks on my statement this morning and someone has used my card to top up there o2 phone, i phone lloyds fraud people and they are sorting it out, so its obvious my wallet was stolen

Not really someone might have found it and decided to top us his/her phone with the card.

Permabanned
MaX_PoWah said:
Went out monday night and well it was a rough nite, drank quite a bit at this bbq then went to some pubs, the next morning i woke up panicing as i could not find my wallet... fair enough thought i had lost it, cancelled all my cards the next morning.. felt terrible as its not like me to lose my wallet, even on the worse nights out..

Looks on my statement this morning and someone has used my card to top up there o2 phone, i phone lloyds fraud people and they are sorting it out, so its obvious my wallet was stolen, and before i shell out for another driving license, is there anyway i could get o2 to give me the phone number of the person who topped up there phone using my card ? especially as i have the account and card number or would telling the police what has happened help ? as i intially reported it lost, and its obvious its was taken from me as they must have the power to make o2 give them the number + possible address?

All views opinions / suggested courses of action apreciated, but i think i need to move quick...

Might I suggest that next time you dont get so hammered that you dont know where your things are?

Associate
Might I suggest that next time you dont get so hammered that you dont know where your things are?

a useful addition to the thread :rolleyes:

if you want to claim anything on your insurance you will need a crime number which you can only get by reporting the theft.

Associate
Someone once purchased something online using my switch card details worth a fair whack of money (about £325 - a lot for me, anyway) and I only noticed because my bank statement came through the day after the purchase was made. Luckily I phoned up the retailer and they cancelled the order, but would not refund me the money until I got the Police and fraud department of my bank involved. I got the money back, but I still don't know what happened or who did it.

Short end of the stick is I had to get my banks fraud department involved, who needed a case number from a Police report. After that, they should investigate it for you.

Caporegime
Mr Mag00 said:
a useful addition to the thread :rolleyes:

if you want to claim anything on your insurance you will need a crime number which you can only get by reporting the theft.
Insurance tends not to pay out for events that are due to excessive alcohol consumption.

There's comedy in the use of an eyes related smilie and a magoo related username, I'm sure of it.

Soldato
MaX_PoWah said:
if i got the number tho i could ring up and claim i was delivering something etc, we have had it done to us where we work and got charged a fortune in the process, once i have the address, tell the police and let them sort it.

give it to the police to sort out, read an article linked from these forums where the police used these exact tactics to get somebodies things back when a phone was stolen!

Associate
Another thing...

If O2 have customer records for the guy, they cannot release them to you under any circumstance.

A little thing called the Data Protection Act forbids them from doing so.

Caporegime
Cueball said:
Another thing...

If O2 have customer records for the guy, they cannot release them to you under any circumstance.

A little thing called the Data Protection Act forbids them from doing so.

They can't release them to him, but I'm pretty sure a police warrant would trump data protection.

Back
Top Bottom