• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crossfire in 3Dmark05/06

Associate
first my spec...

Intel Pentium D 805 [email protected]
1024mb OCZ PC5400 667mhz(single channel)
Intel 975XBX "bad axe" rev304 motherboard (20/6/2006 bios installed)
1x Connect 3D 512mb X1900 Crossfire Edition
1x Gigabyte 512mb X1900XT-X
1x Jeantech 600w Artic PSU (powering mobo & gigabyte card)
1x Hiper 580W PSU (powering Connect 3D card & drives)
250Gb SataII HDD
NEC DVD-RW
Windows Media Centre 2005

i have the latest drivers for the cards(catalyst 6.6), updated the bios etc..., crossfire is enabled, tried reversing the cards, swapping dvi sockets, and tested them individually, everythings ok but im still only achieving roughly...
3Dmark 05 = 8900-9500
3Dmark 06 = 7000-7500

sureley i should be getting better?! thanks for any help in advance.

Associate
OP
just ran 3dmark 05 with all tests selected at a resoltuion of 1024x768 and scored a poor 9407 marks:( what do people reccommend i do i didnt pay £550+ on 2 cards to get single card scores:D do you reckon single channel memory could be holding me back? i know it would alittle but no 4000 marks worth:S
does 3dmark also detect dual cards?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds like Crossfire is not activated properly, and your still running 1x card.

What drivers are you using, and was there an option in the BIOS for Crossfire, and if your using the latest drivers with the CCC have you got the Crossfire option, and ticked Crossfire enabled or whatever it is.

Welcome to the forums btw. :)

EDIT: Just seen you do have the latest Cat drivers. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
In 06 im getting just over 9k, thats with an opteron 165 @ 2.7ghz and a crossfire setup. Its probably the pentium holding the score back id assume.

Associate
OP
yeah i have the crossfire option and its enabled, just installed the omega drivers after using driver clean to get rid of the catalyst 6.6(does the omega even have crossfire support?) anyway i got a slightly lower score, leading me to assume only one card is running... theres no option in the bios that i can see... if anyone has the rev 304 of the bad axe could you please confirm.

Soldato
LanceCrossfire said:
yeah i have the crossfire option and its enabled, just installed the omega drivers after using driver clean to get rid of the catalyst 6.6(does the omega even have crossfire support?) anyway i got a slightly lower score, leading me to assume only one card is running... theres no option in the bios that i can see... if anyone has the rev 304 of the bad axe could you please confirm.
I've never used the omega drivers - do they come with the CCC? I always assumed you needed the CCC for X-fire to function??

Back
Top Bottom