When does fixed penalty apply

Man of Honour
Lopéz said:
Unfortunately that is going to be a court appearance. I got 6 points/£240 fine for 104mph 2 years ago.

Was that really 2 years ago? You make me feel SO old posting that :( I'm sure that was only a few months back :(

Oh and Laissez, you'll never get that 500 mile tank range if you drive like that :p

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox said:
Was that really 2 years ago? You make me feel SO old posting that :( I'm sure that was only a few months back :(

Oh and Laissez, you'll never get that 500 mile tank range if you drive like that :p
Well, near enough - I was caught August 04 and court was December 04!

Soldato
OP
OllyM said:
Looks like it... that's pretty lucky actually.

Is there any more official source? Like a government site with that written?

Also I am working in Southampton, was caught in Cumbria. Getting there could be difficult (especially if in the worst case scenario I can't drive back). Since I am a student of limited means can I request transfer to a local court?

Thanks for all your help.

Man of Honour
Now, I'm as anti camera as the rest of them on here as I'm sure you know but what I do think is that if you get caught, you pay up.

A ban will have bad consequences for you. Thats kinda the idea. If it made no odds then it wouldnt be a detterant, would it? At the end of the day you were doing 100mph - whilst I'm sure it was probably safe, it is MILES over the speed limit and you knew EXACTLY what you were doing.

If you lose your job or whatever as a result you have only yourself to blame. You dont NEED to drive at 100mph, and infact, it isnt even easy to 'accidently' do 100mph as it is to do 70-80 in a 60 or whatever.

Caporegime
i speed every day

but this is precisely why i never do more than 90 on a motorway and never more than 20 over the limit.

3 points i can handle, a court apperance i can not.

Back
Top Bottom