Alternative to Style XP?

Associate
I use a custom version of the Royale theme (black) without any nasty third party apps :) . Why not just patch the uxtheme.dll and not have to bother wasting precious resources running third party apps to use themes?

Associate
Soldato
stig said:
patching the UXtheme.dll doesent work on all versions of windows , doesent work on mine anyway :(
Yeah i could never get the uxtheme patch to work, so i managed to find a "Universal Theme Patcher" which you can get from here: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=30500

Just downloaded it, double clicked it and it worked first time for me :D

Edit:OK, sorry, just spotted you said it didn't work on your version of windows? This universal patcher will work on 32bit versions of XP, but not on 64bit versions.

Soldato
help i installed xpize and styler, i hate them both.
Ive got rid of xpize but it removed my start bar theme, it is a offical but i cant remember what its called, i was form the micrsoft site, also i cant remove styler as i see no option too

Soldato
lol i just hate the boot up screen and the new log on screen, i dont like change very much lol, its all gone now, i had a bit of a blonde moment and didnt check the add/remove. what i HATE most is the stansard windows xp start bar which has decided to make a reappearance at the cost of removing my old one which was similar but blend together and was more shiny/futuristic, now i cant remember what it was called tho, heres the start bar i used to have

Last edited:
Don
stig said:
patching the UXtheme.dll doesent work on all versions of windows , doesent work on mine anyway :(

you're using a duff patcher then, the version 5 multi patcher works with all xp/2003/64bit os's

i just use nlite to patch it before installing windows, also works with all versions

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40772637/
^nicest style there is imo, either that or google for 'b0se'

Back
Top Bottom