I unsure about Eve!!!!

Associate
Ok guys i have just finished the free Trial of Eve and have very mixed feelings about the game.

I am looking for another mmorpg after cancelling my EQ2 account and Eve looked pretty amazing. I am in two minds if i should carry on with the game for a few more Months to see how it pans out. The reason why im unsure is i find the combat very frustrating, slow and pretty boring and that part of the game to me seems pretty important. Apart from that the game quite takes my fancy. I can imagine lots of people say you have to give the game a few Months of play before making a decision but i just don't know....There is something in the back of my mind saying no....

Anyway what have i got to look forward to if i carry on with the game?

Does the Combat get any better?

Any Feedback would be really appreciated.

Soldato
npc'ing can get really boring , EVE is all about the PVP, although my friend loves the mining industry side to eve makes tones of isk never gives any to me though :mad:

Soldato
You should try and stick it out for another month or so, otherwise you will come back to it when all the new changes start to be brought in, and hate the fact that you lost out on 6 or so months of training.. 2 new versions of Eve , one for vista dx10 and a new engine for xp dx9

Suspended
Trox said:
You should try and stick it out for another month or so, otherwise you will come back to it when all the new changes start to be brought in, and hate the fact that you lost out on 6 or so months of training.. 2 new versions of Eve , one for vista dx10 and a new engine for xp dx9

He may be a Scot but this man speaketh the truth.

Associate
Problem with the PVP in this game is its entirely dependent on your ship, the way its setup, how many team mates you have and what the enemies ships are/setup like and of course how many artificial skills your character has based on how long you're been paying the developers for. Thats assuming both sides have a competent commander anyway and you know the basics of PVP fighting. Also lag is horrible in this game in big battles, and of course if you enjoy killing people who don't stand a chance against you its not really PVP. Not to mention how long it takes to actually get in a battle, most of the time you're flying around trying to get somewhere which can take hours, and when you're looking for a fight people will run off if the odds are stacked against them. Thats not to say there isn't fun to be had in this game, such as trading, making ISK, and PVP can be fun if you have a nice team and are fighting people with similar numbers but I don't really consider it proper PVP because of the above mentioned variables.

daz

daz

Soldato
Go solo pirating (or small group) if you want to shoot people on your terms ^

Last edited:
Caporegime
melipone1 said:
Problem with the PVP in this game is its entirely dependent on your ship, the way its setup, how many team mates you have and what the enemies ships are/setup like and of course how many artificial skills your character has based on how long you're been paying the developers for. Thats assuming both sides have a competent commander anyway and you know the basics of PVP fighting. Also lag is horrible in this game in big battles, and of course if you enjoy killing people who don't stand a chance against you its not really PVP. Not to mention how long it takes to actually get in a battle, most of the time you're flying around trying to get somewhere which can take hours, and when you're looking for a fight people will run off if the odds are stacked against them. Thats not to say there isn't fun to be had in this game, such as trading, making ISK, and PVP can be fun if you have a nice team and are fighting people with similar numbers but I don't really consider it proper PVP because of the above mentioned variables.

That’s all well and fair but your being a bit negative there, no?

SP shouldn't be an issue, except for the first few weeks when you want at least to be able to use the basic modules - but people with 45 million SP will not OMGBBQ anything and everything. That’s the beauty of EvE - If there in a turret based battleship you get in close so they can't hit you, if they're specifically setup for close range you sit at range, most winners in PvP are those who dictate the fight, of course skill will come into it when things don't go your way.

Lag in fleet fights is common, but I don't see other games doing quite what EvE does on the same scale, detail and freedom of movement. If the lag hits there’s nothing you can do, just sit it out and hope you can get your ship out, if not, you die, deal with it, move on.

Associate
Trox said:

are the changes going to be purely cosmetic ?

reason i ask is i've started to play eve recently and paid for 3 months so was just woundering what kinda changes they was planning. also any pictures ?

**edit**
Just found this Some Infor + Picture of a Ship

Last edited:
Soldato
WHAT!!! said:
are the changes going to be purely cosmetic ?

reason i ask is i've started to play eve recently and paid for 3 months so was just woundering what kinda changes they was planning. also any pictures ?

**edit**
Just found this Some Infor + Picture of a Ship

When the changes start to happen they will be releasing the Kali expansion which brings more depth to the game in terms of pvp, surprised that not many get the E-On mag well worth it, found out a lot fo stuff about the game and whats coming up in the future for Eve.

Soldato
I'm not happy with the focusing on PVP realy, its one thing for it to be a large part (thats all good) but it seems that now its the ONLY thing that CCP give a crap about!

Soldato
VeNT said:
I'm not happy with the focusing on PVP realy, its one thing for it to be a large part (thats all good) but it seems that now its the ONLY thing that CCP give a crap about!

Nah.

They give plenty of time fixing the whiney mission noobs with stuff too.

Soldato
Skully said:
Nah.

They give plenty of time fixing the whiney mission noobs with stuff too.
theres more to eve than PVP and Missions (aparently) I know a fair few miners who are feeling VERY left out atm.

Soldato
To be honest, keep playing it does get better the more time you spend in the game, what keeps me going is the urge for new ships and weapons, just recently got myself a Machariel, fully fitted with named stuff and nothing but named stuff, apart from a few bits of T2 armour related things, ship cost me 390mill (connections with a ship building corp) fitted around 900mill to 1.1bill....theres me sorted for a while.

Man of Honour
VeNT said:

Thats becuase mining veldspar in Jita, hauling consumer electronics and killing NPC ships for standings with NPC stations in safe space is nearly as dull as World of Warcraft.

Back
Top Bottom