cheers to guys who may of done it
:)

Caporegime
Have to take

Medical kit
Warning triangle
Reflective jacket
Headlight reflectors
GB sticker (not needed if you have euro plates)

Good ideas

Breakdown cover
Upgrade to euro fully comp insurance
Erm map or gps :p

Associate
OP
cheers for the fast responce
Yes the car is march 06 plate Bmw 5 series 525i M
so i wanted to test the autobahns
hehehehe
:)

already spoken to the car insurance company i get 30 day free european travel fully comp as standard

Last edited:
Associate
OP
great news
Going to the Oktoberfest in munich sept 28 till 4 october

so will have fun

will buy a reflective jacket and ask the BMW dealer for some headlight adjuster

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Will they actually refuse me entry to france if i dont have headlamp things and GB stickers etc?

I ask as i am going very soon, and i havent got any of them. Wasnt gonna bother but i dont want to risk them stopping me or something.

Caporegime
Jez said:
Will they actually refuse me entry to france if i dont have headlamp things and GB stickers etc?

I ask as i am going very soon, and i havent got any of them. Wasnt gonna bother but i dont want to risk them stopping me or something.

Nope they won't, i had my euro plates on but didn't bother doing my lights since i was driving over in the day, then didn't fit them in france / belgium / holland or germany and came back the same way at 2am in the morning with bright lights and apart from 4 ppl flashing i had no problems at all.

Associate
OP
lol they not getting anymore dosh alreadt spent over £41k out of me will check it out

how easy is it to align up with the european compliance
or is it worth getting Bmw to do it
???

Man of Honour
Firestar_3x said:
came back the same way at 2am in the morning with bright lights and apart from 4 ppl flashing i had no problems at all.

You mean YOU had no problems, it isnt for you, its to stop you blinding everyone else!

Caporegime
[TW]Fox said:
You mean YOU had no problems, it isnt for you, its to stop you blinding everyone else!

Ok then i will rephrase.

I had no problems with the police, only 4 people flashed on back roads at 2am in the morning indicating i had full beam on, then no-one had issue, not even the lights on my mighty MX can penetrate Armco & Concrete, since the car is so low slung anyways its not going to cause a huge issue.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
GB stickers worth bothering with? Might just selotape one inside my rear window or something, dont fancy having to try to get the thing off afterwards

Back
Top Bottom