Dead Motherboard

Associate
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on a dead motherboard i have.

The board is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, rev 1.04. its one of the first ones they made or this model i believe.
about 7 months ago I used to use the motherboard with no problems what so ever and it was great, then i went away for a while and when i came back, nothing. The computer was off and not plugged in at all in the duration of this time, so at first i thought it might have something to do with being a dead cmos battery, but i have changed it and still it doesnt work. Im not sure what else it could be, i have tried everything possible without using any test equipment (changing cards, CPUs RAM etc) but its still not working. it powers on with the switch but does not beep or give out a display.

Please help, would like to get it working again, would be a shame to see it go!

Cheers

Soldato
tried a diff gfx card?

if u have two sticks of RAM have u just tried using one?

if yes to the above then im pretty sure its gotta be your mobo...

even with dead mobos, the hsf fan spins and the hdd led lights come on and the mobo led....

Soldato
ESD or a short when turned on could kill a motherboard, or the power switch jumpers can break contact with the board.

Lots of potential things could happen with a system off, although not relevant to this thread so drop me an email if you need more info on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom