Rome season 1

Soldato
The complete first season of the daring, ground-breaking and controversial historical drama series. Think of The Sopranos in ancient Rome and you'll get a flavour...

This six disc box set contains the 12 hour-long episodes of the first season: this features the HBO 'cut' which includes over an hour of footage not broadcast on the BBC!

The year is 52 B.C. Four hundred years after the founding of the Republic, Rome is the wealthiest city in the world, a cosmopolitan metropolis of one million people; epicenter of a sprawling empire. The Republic was founded on principles of shared power and fierce personal competition, never allowing one man to seize absolute control. But now, those foundations are crumbling, eaten away by corruption and excess. After eight years of war, two soldiers, Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo unwittingly become entwined in the historical events of ancient Rome. A serialized drama of love and betrayal, masters and slaves, husbands and wives, Rome chronicles a turbulent era that saw the death of a republic and the birth of an empire.

I watched the trailer i got this info off and it looks really good, has anyone else watched it is it worth getting.

iam

iam

Permabanned
Buy it. Now. Then thank me, over and over again, once you've watched it.

I've just this very evening watched the last episode, and have to say Rome goes alongside The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Twin Peaks in absolute greatness. It also has the best fight scene I have ever seen, including in films, in the penultimate episode. That scene alone is worth buying it for.

I am now left absolutely gagging for the release of the second series. HBO are doing something right that's for sure.

Enjoy! (I'm presuming I've convinced you) :D :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
iam said:
Buy it. Now. Then thank me, over and over again, once you've watched it.

I've just this very evening watched the last episode, and have to say Rome goes alongside The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Twin Peaks in absolute greatness. It also has the best fight scene I have ever seen, including in films, in the penultimate episode. That scene alone is worth buying it for.

I am now left absolutely gagging for the release of the second series. HBO are doing something right that's for sure.

Enjoy! (I'm presuming I've convinced you) :D :p

cheers im defo ordering that then, im a huge soprano fan as ive got all there dvd boxsets. In what way is it like sopranos.

Back
Top Bottom