Shell Optimax

Associate
Guys,

Today i filled up my bike tank with 13quids worth of shell optimax

When filling up i noticed that it differed from the usual unleaded smell - not an unpleasant smell but just different.

Anyone else notice this?

Soldato
bp ultimate smells of onion imo.

a guy on another forum with the same golf as me but with an induction kit and the same chip got 177bhp whereas i only got 172bhp on the same rollers. turns out he was on optimax and i was on unleaded. the tuner told me that mine was knocking the timing back at the lower end. im now going to do a few tanks of optimax or ultimate and see what it does.

now that the car is healthy it could be a right result

Associate
Optimax has a much sweeter smell than regular unleaded, its also a nice blue colour :)

Havent tasted optimax, but regular unleaded tastes horrible... perhaps optimax tastes of toffee ? :D

Man of Honour
I don't know about the smell but on the mx5 it certainly does make a difference now it's being forced induced.

Fuel smells like fuel to me. i.e. Fantastic! :D

Though there is nothing to beat the smell of Jet A fuel first thing in the morning after a long night of debauchery and it's your turn to go up! ;)

Soldato
Whatever they put in speedway bikes (I assume it's the 2 stroke oil?) smells fantastic. Used to go once a year with dads work and I loved the smell.

We've got some Jet-A around here atm although I've not been near enough to smell it.

Back
Top Bottom