Geek Love by Bang Bang Machine but where can I get it?

Soldato
If anyone remembers this timeless classic from c.1992 please feel free to chip in.

There seems to be gap in my collection and I'd like to relive the memories of my youth!

Anyone know where I can get the 12" version please? It needs be the full monty 9 minute classic... an "audio orgasm" is just what the doctor ordered :p

Associate
Not on the Hard to Find website which isnt a great start. The Discog for it is >here<

Looks like you want the 2nd / 3rd mix.

Found a 7" version of it but the mixes arent specified and i cant link to it due to forum rules (competitor). If you look through the normal online shops you will find it pretty quick.

Soldato
OP
The_Biggles said:
Not on the Hard to Find website which isnt a great start. The Discog for it is >here<

Looks like you want the 2nd / 3rd mix.

Found a 7" version of it but the mixes arent specified and i cant link to it due to forum rules (competitor). If you look through the normal online shops you will find it pretty quick.

Thanks dude.

It's the 12" I'm after which I don't believe had an official release. This is gonna make it pretty much impossible to get hold of. A legitimate use for p2p perhaps?

Here's something that has been written about Geek Love:

"A song known to so few. Produced by a band from Birmingham, England. No one had heard of them and this was pretty much their first ever release. Limited edition 12" only. On a fledgling record label. Radio DJ and guru John Peel picked up on it and gave it a play. It received a tremendous response. This nine minute long song ended up being pick of the year by listeners to his radio show. It never did gain a full release though! It got another fairly limited release on CD but in edited form. If you get the urge to track this down, make sure it's the 12" version you get hold of. It starts out quietly. Ghostly female vocals. A guitar makes little ripple in water type sounds. The drums beats are regular. The voice? Well. It sends an immediate shiver up your spine. It bears a passing resemblance to Elizabeth Frazer of The Cocteau Twins. Its that kind of voice. Around the 2.25 mark the whole thing explodes. Samples, layer upon layer of guitar. The drum beat continues. The lyrics are full of 'love' 'being in love' 'to be in love'. All in that ghostly English voice. Trembling tones. The guitars start to do all sorts of things. You start to cry. Well, I've cried so many times to this song. So many times. I do realise I'm talking about a song almost none of you will have heard. All I can say is, those that have heard it have almost unanimously sung its praises. All have been affected emotionally. There are times when I do believe it's one of the greatest musical records ever. The way it fades out! I can't explain! Try and track it down. Please. You will not regret doing so. I'm sure out there somewhere in cyberspace is an MP3 version at least. Bang Bang Machine flattered to deceive over subsequent releases. This one shining jewel is their gift to the world."

Associate
You might have some luck if you post it on a website. Its an electronica style track i think?, so somewhere like the DJMag site, or DanceMuzik.com would be your best bet.

If all else fails, email someone like Annie Mac at Radio1.

Soldato
OP
The_Biggles said:
You might have some luck if you post it on a website. Its an electronica style track i think?, so somewhere like the DJMag site, or DanceMuzik.com would be your best bet.

If all else fails, email someone like Annie Mac at Radio1.

Thanks dude.

It's more of guitar track with a electronic influence - a timeless classic.

I've managed to get an mp3 of it but the rip isn't the best :)

Back
Top Bottom