• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Latest nVidia Drivers 91.31 Problems ?

Associate
Guys,

Like any good soul I try and keep my drivers (be they graphics or anything else) up to date.

However I think I am experiencing problems with this latest set from nvidia for my BFG 7800Gt OC.

for the past week( I updated them on day of release) I have had random drop outs from games (Day of Defeat:Source and Guild wars) often to desktop after the screen and action freezes.
Sometimes the PC just hangs on one frame of the action and I have to push the reset button and reboot.

It didn't happen with the previous version of nvidia's drivers, my only added complication is the temperature of the room over this last week, its been high 20's even at midnight :eek: .

I would be interested to hear if anyone else is having trouble with this driver release, so I can eliminate the need for added cooling.

Associate
Yep, same thing here with my son's pc,

spec old AMD xp3000+, 1gig ram, asrock M/B, xfx 6600GT.

fitted 6600gt in system and d/loaded drivers from web site and all I got was trouble with them.

All I would say is uninstall them and use the old drivers until Nvidia fix them.

Associate
Apparently they have fixed the issue with there BETA drivers 91.33, and has fixed issues with several games as well, so its worth giving those a try and see if that helps

Associate
OP
I have never been a fan of Beta drivers (too many problems, afterall they are pre release stuff) I think I will try the old version and take it from there
Cheers for the replies guys ;)

Associate
Yup this is definitely a very dodgy release. I posted with my own proplems with the tray icon a while back (which is still alightly annoying), and yesterday when I tried to change resolution i just got a black screen with a mouse pointer.

Soldato
Yeah, they're very dodgy - caused many crashes in F.E.A.R. and HL2 for me. Went back to the 84.25's instead as they seem 100% stable and the performance difference is next to nothing.

Soldato
lowrider007 said:
I had issues with them also, I have 47 games installed on my system atm and the only drivers that I've used that run all of them with no troubles at all are the 87.25's, they are the most stable foorceware drivers I've ever used.

47 games :o

Thats insane, thanks for letting slip about the 87.25's though :) will try them and see how I get on with them.

Associate
OP
Well I have gone back to 84.21 and all seems well again.

FFS nVidia sort yourself out,..if your going to release something(not BETA) then let it be bug free.

I think I will stick with these for some time, or at least until my X1900XTX arrives (next week) ;)

Soldato
ademcg said:
Well I have gone back to 84.21 and all seems well again.

FFS nVidia sort yourself out,..if your going to release something(not BETA) then let it be bug free.

I think I will stick with these for some time, or at least until my X1900XTX arrives (next week) ;)

Thats the driver version I'm on, and as everything works fine, I refuse to change to the 91.xx series of drivers. The only problem I have found with my current drivers is that I get a little bit of colour bleading in HL2, but I think thats more to do with the current temperatures in here. Doesn't do it in any other game though so not too worried.

I remember the days when I had my GeForce 2 Ti and I was running 23.11 detonators, that was a very stable driver release indeed :D

Associate
OP
poltergeist666 said:
91.33's all OK here. :)

Always wanted to be a test pilot, so when new drivers come along, I install them and then put my fingers in my ears after a reboot! :eek:

And with nVidia that is the best approach,..oh and crossed fingers of course, although that can be tricky to fit in your ear :D

Soldato
poltergeist666 said:
91.33's all OK here. :)

Always wanted to be a test pilot, so when new drivers come along, I install them and then put my fingers in my ears after a reboot! :eek:

Same here using the 91.33's with my 7950GX2 & no problems at all.

Hows the A8N32-SLI running :)

Soldato
I did try these when they were the beta and I didn't like them at all, call it a bad feeling or somehting :p so I have been using the 84.56 drivers which for me personally give me the best results. V.stable release! I may wait till the next drivers before updating again. :) If you ask me it looks like people seem to like the 84.xx versions over the newer 91.xx drivers.

Back
Top Bottom