what is the best graphics card cooler?

Man of Honour
One of the arctic cooling silencer models would be a good one to get as they exhaust the hot air out of the case. I have a Zalman VF 700-CU on one card and a AC Nvidia silencer on the other so i am not biased one way or the other. Both give roughly the same temps and are both very quiet. I have found though that the Zalman (and also my SI-120) just disturbs the airflow in my case.

Soldato
the VF900CU is the absolute best, but I just got the Mr. Freeze (made by point of view) for £7 from a competitor and it cools a 7800GT with ease while being quiet :)

Soldato
It depends what card you have really. On some cards I'd swing over from the VF900 camp to getting one of the old style artic silencers that blow the air out of the back. Because if you look hard they can be had really cheap now

Soldato
nick_lerwill said:
ok cool well i have an nVIDIA GeForce 6200 (AGP) will they work on my graphics card?

I'm not sure, do they have the PCI-e/AGP bridge chip? If so I don't think so... also the cooler is worth more than the card :p

Soldato
nick_lerwill said:
yea thats bull and btw i'm not a geek i spend my money on other things lol

Whats bull? if you are talking about volt modding the card and overclocking - you're wrong (volt modding is also free, and you are spending money on a new cooler...)

If you mean the cooler (vf900) being worth more tha the card, wrong again :p

nick_lerwill said:
so is it compatible?

http://www.zalman.co.kr/ Specs are on there, doesnt look like it

Associate
nick_lerwill said:
yea thats bull and btw i'm not a geek i spend my money on other things lol

Wow, two harsh comments in one sentence.

But anyway, after looking at the Zalman website both the VF700 and VF900 are not compatible with the 6200. However, I am pretty sure you could mount an 80mm fan on the large heatsink of the 6200? Give it a try as this will certainly open up new doors in overcloking.

King.

Back
Top Bottom