A political party with mainstream political views, but against ALL forms of religion!

Associate
On this most appopriate day I thought I'd share my idea.

Someone somewhere or a group of people should start up an English political party completely opposed to all forms of religion, but with otherwise mainstream political policies and ideas.

Imagine a country, and even a world without religion to bring about terrorism, war and suffering.

A set of basic morals very similar in all reigions anyway, would be as far as it would go to keep a little morality and insight into right and wrong, but apart from that all traces of religion would be abolished.

It would bring people together.

Associate
OP
Phalanx said:
you make it seem as if all forms of terrorism are influenced by religion :rolleyes:

Extremist muslims wouldn't be blowing themselves up if it wasn't for Islam existing in the first place.

Obviously, religion isn't the cause of every act of terrorism, but at the moment it's about 90% of the cause of most attacks (israel, palestine, iraq, afghanistan, america and ireland in the past)

Permabanned
William said:
I can imagine the party, it wouldn't get in.

To right, sounds a stupid idea when you really think about it!

It will be like the National front, they NF, have a few mentalist hardcore followers while the rest of us scoff and laugh at them.

Soldato
Extremist muslims wouldn't be blowing themselves up if it wasn't for Islam existing in the first place.

Obviously, religion isn't the cause of every act of terrorism, but at the moment it's about 90% of the cause of most attacks (israel, palestine, iraq, afghanistan, america and ireland in the past)

Do you not think the use of religion is a veneer for an underlying problem and if removed it would simply be replaced by somthing else?

Associate
OP
Steeps said:
religions already do this, and opposing religion is not going to make the situation any better.

no they don't they only bring people of the SAME faith together. They have finer points that disagree with other religions and cause conflict and friction that way, whether it is said publically or not.

Soldato
why not look on the other side of the plate, we complain about out of control youths on the street vandalising property and causing annoyance to residents. what religion should we blame for that? :rolleyes:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Maniac618 said:
It would bring people together.

No, it would remove one excuse that terrorists could use, or even drive all religion 'underground'......which would be a pretty bad move.

Maniac618 said:

What, you don't think they'd have found a different excuse?

Soldato
no they don't they only bring people of the SAME faith together. They have finer points that disagree with other religions and cause conflict and friction that way, whether it is said publically or not.

A party that wished to extinguish religion would do the following:

Unite all relgions against that party.
Fracture support among the non-religious so that some of your seemingly natural policy followers would now be against you.
Be a huge media target for ridicule.

Soldato
Maniac618 said:

I think if you took religion out of the equation people would be more than able to find another reason to start conflicts. It's in our nature, and essentially boils down to terrortorial and people control. It's a bit naive to think that it wouldnt still happen without religion.

Permabanned
Maniac618 said:

Ive siad it before, but people will always find reasons to kill each other. Many many killings/genocides/acts of violence/terrorism are done not under the banner of religion. Pol pot, thet tutsis and hutus, WW1, WW2, stalins mass genoicde etc etc

End of the day religion does far more good than it does bad, its just a convenient whipping boy and scape goat.

Associate
OP
Steeps said:
why not look on the other side of the plate, we complain about out of control youths on the street vandalising property and causing annoyance to residents. what religion should we blame for that? :rolleyes:

that's parents failing to teach standard worldwide morals, not such fiction as jesus walking on water or whatever. No religion is required for simple right and wrong lessons. Yes religion created morals, but the actual need for religion now that we have morals is non existant.

Hmmm, well I've had no sleep all night as I've been games testing, but I think when I wake, i'll get my idea moving, maybe not even as a politcal party, but I'll do something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom