Aspire X-Qpack front temp sensor help

Associate
Just build my Aspire X-Qpack and I have not yet figured out how to connect up the front temp display. I have got the temp sensor on the CPU fine. Is it the VCC wire that goes along with the USB?

Soldato
No.

The only thing you need to connect for the front panel LCD to work is the pass-through power connector at the front of the case.

If you have no temperature, or it constantly says 99 then there is a fault in the temperature probe or the display.

Associate
OP
Found the power cable and plugged it in. The display just says H though. The probe I put between the CPU and the heatsink. Is this right? Sorry for double reply btw.

Soldato
Jay1986 said:
Found the power cable and plugged it in. The display just says H though. The probe I put between the CPU and the heatsink. Is this right? Sorry for double reply btw.

Er, between the CPU and the Heatsink is a bad idea, you will get very high temps as there wont be good contact between the heatsink and the CPU.

Suggest you remove it from there and put it somewhere else, for example on mine I have jammed the sensor between two of the fins on the heatsink.

Associate
OP
Deathwish said:
Er, between the CPU and the Heatsink is a bad idea, you will get very high temps as there wont be good contact between the heatsink and the CPU.

Suggest you remove it from there and put it somewhere else, for example on mine I have jammed the sensor between two of the fins on the heatsink.

Ahhh you have just answered my prayers. My processor is running at 50 idle and around 60 under load, this must be the problem. Could you explain in more detail where to put the sensor then, I'm not sure I fully understand. How do you get a reading of processor temp without putting the sensor on the processor?

Back
Top Bottom