FAH Q

Soldato
Decided to follow the herd and shift over to doing FAH on my boxes instead of BOINC stuff, not exactly a lot of action in here on any of the boinc projects now.
Got my first few units back in off some of my first couple of converts 17xx project 56 points each, checked out another of my machines and it's doing the following;

Protein: p1487_DPPC_DOPC_CHOL

I tried putting that number in on the folding site but there is no information about it and the deadline is way off in december, is this normal? And how do you guys find out how much a WU is worth?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
You jammy git - that WU is worth 1161 points :p

A full list of currently running projects can be found HERE .

If you want to keep track of your work and get WU information, use FahMon as per the sticky and keep the projects updated.

Welcome to the team :)

Stan :)

Soldato
OP
babyface uk said:
seems like a mass exodus from boinc :D
Heh, yeah, there is virtually no one active on this board now to compete with, and while I like the science I also like the competition, and right now FAH is where it's at.

Bigstan: 1161 pts eh? Cool, have 4 running on that machine, and just picked up 2 on another box, any way to tell how long they should take to complete though, on the first machine I indicated it was only 2% through after 12 hours. That machine is a dual Xeon with HT running, should I only run two processes at a time on it with WUs like this?

Soldato
Download FahMon. That will give you an ETA for each WU, as well as monitoring their progress.

Stanford's stance on HT is that for the science, you should only run 1 client per physical core, which will allow the WUs to complete faster. For the points, they say it is best to run 2 clients (using the logical CPUs). Basically, they don't mind - but I would assume that you would be doing the latter :cool:.

Welcome to the team, anyway :)

Soldato
bam0 said:
Bigstan: 1161 pts eh? Cool, have 4 running on that machine, and just picked up 2 on another box, any way to tell how long they should take to complete though, on the first machine I indicated it was only 2% through after 12 hours. That machine is a dual Xeon with HT running, should I only run two processes at a time on it with WUs like this?
It would be worth checking task manager to see how much RAM they are using and to make sure that with 4 of them you're not entering swap-file territory with the other tasks your machine is meant to be handling

welcome to the team - with luck like that you'll be making one hell of an impression!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom