• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

air cooled opty owners

Associate
Just wondering what temps yours are running at during these summer months? (or rather, when its quite warm :p )

Weird question i know but im just checking if mine is too hot, its 41c at the moment (baring in mind my windows broken, just a fan in here). Used to be 32c when i first bought it, i've re applied Arctic Silver again today but during games it hits 51c, its got an AC freezer pro on it - is this a normal temp?

Soldato
gazozborne said:
Just wondering what temps yours are running at during these summer months? (or rather, when its quite warm :p )

Weird question i know but im just checking if mine is too hot, its 41c at the moment (baring in mind my windows broken, just a fan in here). Used to be 32c when i first bought it, i've re applied Arctic Silver again today but during games it hits 51c, its got an AC freezer pro on it - is this a normal temp?

That's fine, mine idle at 39/40c and the highest I've seen them go up to was 58c but that was with my case closed. With the side off and a fan blowing into it, temps don't go above 54c. This is with a Akasa Evo120.

Associate
Mine sits around 41c at idle and 54c-56c when running games like Oblivion etc. I have mine clocked to 2.6Ghz in a Antec Sonata 2 case, so not the best cooling but its nice and quiet.

Soldato
Mine sits at 36-38 when idleing and hits about 55C when under full load.

Thats at 2.95Ghz with 1.57V through its ass.

Running alkmost silently 1 silent 7 volted 120mm and 1 intake , 1 exhaust at 5v.

Thats in an antec sonata and using an ThermalRight SI-120 and the computers ina cupboard.

Permabanned
My Opty 148 runs at 2.9GHz in a shuttle. Load temps hit 60deg. 3GHz hits 65deg and requires more than stock volts so I only run at this speed for benching.

Associate
Running at 51c 2.7ghz on a Opty165 that's whilst running 2xsp2004 small ftt.

Thermaltake Kandalf 2x 120mm intake 2x 120mm exhaust XP120
Cooler.

2.7ghz it idles at 33c.BF2 it climbs to 47c.

Soldato
whats the best way of measuring temp?

I have never really looked into this even though I should

I currently have an Opty 170 with a freezer pro only doing 2.5Ghz on an Abit crossfire board until I can change my psu

Associate
OP
Ah doesn't seem as bad as i thought then :p - Was a bit worried as people used to mention 50c+ being too high for an opteron, forgot to mention mines @ 2.5 but going by everyones temps it looks to be normal then.

Cheers people :)

Back
Top Bottom