Natwest gold account

Soldato
I've been looking into this as it offers some good benefits like cheap insurance for this, that and the other.

I can see that it's £12 a month though although someone the other day told me that they got it for free.

This correct or were they lying?

Anyone else got it? At the moment i'm on a standard current account.

Thanks,

Andy

Caporegime
I have a gold account and yes its £12 a month used to be £10

THeres loads and loads of advantages and offers they have, i personally dont have any of them but its worth looking into.

I just like the extra respect i get when visiting my branch. :D

Soldato
Efour2 said:
I have a gold account and yes its £12 a month used to be £10

THeres loads and loads of advantages and offers they have, i personally dont have any of them but its worth looking into.

I just like the extra respect i get when visiting my branch. :D

What a waste of money.

Caporegime
Spose you can say that point taken :O

My bank treat me pretty well. With the nature of my work My account fluctuates so much and i do now have an big overdraft interest free.

With all this in mind the £12 is probably what id pay in interest now and then anway.

Associate
dont really want to create another thread so i may aswell post in this one..
im 19 and need a credit as a backup to be honest, can anyone recommend a credit card which doesnt require any annual fees or any cost unless you use it, low rates on purchases etc and just generally a good low-cost card.. thanks :)

Permabanned
ive got one and dont mind the 12 a month really. I get a discount on my loan which is the main thing, that saves me more than 144 a year anyway, i get the travel insurance on my holiday as well although im not sure if you get that with the regular credit card/account.

Permabanned
lol the gold card is hardly exclusive. Pretty much anyone can get it, you only need to earn £15k a year. The platiunum is better at £25k, but black is the best at £75k. The gold is just like any other card.

Caporegime
Efour2 said:
Gold account is a type of Natwest current account, not to be confused with credit cards.
In which case the Ts&Cs have changed since I've had mine - the premier gold was connected to the premier card, and the fee was paid for the credit card.

Soldato
The list of benefits as per the NatWest website:

Annual 5-star travel insurance
Mobile Phone Insurance
£5,000 Identity Theft Insurance
£10,000 accidental death benefit
10% off car insurance
25% off home insurance
Extended warranty
Travellers Cheque Card
Commission-free travel money
Travel service
Worldwide hotels
10% off home electrical goods
20% off CDs and DVDs
20% off UK attractions
Total value £765* Potential
Advantage annual fee
(i.e. just £12 a month) £144
Your potential savings £621

http://www.natwest.com/personal02.asp?id=PERSONAL/DAY_TO_DAY/CURRENT_ACCOUNTS/ADVANTAGE_GOLD

Cannot seem to get the full details on all the different elements so I guess you'd have to call into the branch and grab a leaflet.

Associate
If you're going to use the benefits, why not pay the measly £12. I used to have a Natwest Gold account and used a few of the benefits which used to easily subsidise what was then a £10 monthly charge.

I am now an Advantage Premier holder which, frankly, is quite nice :)

Soldato
Jimmeh said:
If you're going to use the benefits, why not pay the measly £12. I used to have a Natwest Gold account and used a few of the benefits which used to easily subsidise what was then a £10 monthly charge.

I am now an Advantage Premier holder which, frankly, is quite nice :)

What benefits do you get with this card?

Associate
when they introduced the phone insurance, natwest decided to mailshot all their AG customers in 7 days, our web servers have never been so hammered and the IVR was coded in just a few weeks, they had every man and his dog trained up and on the phones taking calls to keep up with demand, people from finance and marketing, even some of the senior management

was an interesting week to say the least

Back
Top Bottom