W810i - which network...or wait for W850i?

Soldato
My contract is up for renewal now, got a K750i on Vodafone (£30 a month)atm.

Was thinking of getting the W810i as i've read good things about it. but having just visited the SE site, i see the W850i is due this month?

02 have a good deal atm: Sony Ericsson W810i 1000 mins + 150 txts, or 750 mins + 750 txts, now with free Bluetooth Headset worth £49.99 - £35 a month.

Orange also offer phone for free but with 300 mins to any network at anytime, 100 texts a month & 150 evening & weekend extra minutes for life.
I use my work mobile during the day to ring mates, so evening & weekend would be fine.

I'm off to ring Vodafone to see what they're prepared to offer. After reading about all the crap Vodafone & Orange load onto their phones, would i be better off changing to O2?

Caporegime
O2 dont really mess with their phones, their branding is minimal compared to Voda, Orange and Tmobile. So you should be ok there but if you go with the other 3 voda, orange or tmobile...you can flash the phone so it gets rid of all that operator rubbish.

Im looking at replacing my w810i with the w850i myself but i wont be getting it on contract as i already have a contract phone with tmobile, which is the w810i. Id be sceptical about the 850i being out this month tbh. Im looking to buy one sim free but as of yet the place i pre-ordered hasnt even got a date as to when its being released.

Have you looked at tmobile and their range of tariffs, im on the flext50 tariff with web n walk...gives me unlimited web browsing and emails all for about £60 a month which isnt bad value. As my o2 contract i was paying £75 a month for 1000 xnet mins and 50 texts...with the flext i get £255 worht of allowance to use on texts and calls including MMS messages. Only downside is that they are a 18mth contract.

Associate
i have the same contract that you are going with.

Recently come over from being with orange for over 5 years.

I cannot fault the coverage nor the CS, you can view your unbilled minutes online,

0870 and 0800 go as part of your inclusive minutes and with 1000 mins i get rollovers for 3 months the it acumulates again.

Soldato
My W810i came on Orange, and luckily there was barely any branding on the phone at all. There's not even anything in the box to suggest the phone was even on Orange in the first place :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I know CPW have got the w850i down as coming out in August, I'm assuming that'll be on O2 and Vodafone first, but not 100% certain.

Soldato
OP
Just rang Vodafone asking about a W810i. The girl informed me that the W810i had been dicontinued & replaced by the v630i. I thought the W850i was replacing it?

Anyway she goes on that they had a few W810i's that had been returned & i could have one free. 'Ah cool' i thought. So she goes on you can have this, this & this free too. Then 'right' at the end she quickly mentions my contract would start when the phone arrived. An 18 month contract for a used phone...YEAH RIGHT!!

I asked her when the W850i was due, she said there was no note on the system about it?

My existing 12 month contract ends next Tuesday, i'm just gonna hang on for a few weeks until the new phones come out.

Back
Top Bottom