yet another F@H Question

Associate
Hi guys again :D

I have one compter that has an internet connection once a week via dslfor approx 15mins, can i just put deadlineless wu's on this computer and it will do its thing as soon as I connect said computer to internet and then carry on once its dissconnected.

Ta

Babyface UK

Soldato
Yup, i think so. :)
I think you can set a queue aswell so its got enough to work on.

Edit: Just set one up myself and it has an option for submit wus in batches.

Last edited:
Soldato
Console. I wouldn't bother with the gui unless you want to change the options regularly.
Its in advanced options. Put yes for deadlineless wus and yes to submit in batches.

Associate
OP
Joe42 said:
Console. I wouldn't bother with the gui unless you want to change the options regularly.
Its in advanced options. Put yes for deadlineless wus and yes to submit in batches.

i,ve set up 3 other pc's today using the console and don't remember the batch option, where is advanced options?

Ta

Babyface UK

Soldato
It says 'change advanced options' and you say yes.
Then there will be an option for 'deadlineless wus' set that to yes and an option for 'submit wus in batches' will appear.

Soldato
Joe42 said:
What do you mean?

Mine keeps saying it can't get work, is that what yours is doing?
Suggests the deadlineless wu server is down.
yup that'd be correct - linky

I believe the deadlineless server is the first in the list - the "AS (G)" is because before deadlineless work there was an option to do Genome@Home work which could be sent in batches as it wasn't reliant on the previous WUs to be returned first
When GAH work stopped the server started being used for dealineless work instead as there was a need for work suitable for machines which were a bit too slow or not on regularly enough for standard work

bit of FAH/GAH history for you there :p

Soldato
Yes thats the ip... i see its in reject mode.

Is it just me or are their servers down far too often?
If you looked at the downtime percentage i bet its pretty high...

Soldato
Joe42 said:
Yes thats the ip... i see its in reject mode.

Is it just me or are their servers down far too often?
If you looked at the downtime percentage i bet its pretty high...
yep I have to agree that recently they've not been very good at all - previously they've been fantastic though :confused:
maybe so many people have come over from Seti that the load has just got that much larger :o

they used to be a bit flakey and then Google got involved and donated a load of servers to the cause - seems that these are now not quite up to the job in hand :(

Associate
OP
rich99million said:
yep I have to agree that recently they've not been very good at all - previously they've been fantastic though :confused:
maybe so many people have come over from Seti that the load has just got that much larger :o

they used to be a bit flakey and then Google got involved and donated a load of servers to the cause - seems that these are now not quite up to the job in hand :(

Oh goody, seti server problems have followed me over to folding, :(

Babyface UK

Soldato
Both mine have got work now, so it looks like its sorted itself out. Next time yours gets an internet connection it should sort itself out.

I'm actually finding the deadlineless wus seem to have better points than normal ones...

Back
Top Bottom