Have a Wii earlier than you expected!

Soldato
http://wii.ign.com/articles/712/712283p1.html

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm?cnn=yes

CNN Money said:
While Nintendo has not made any formal announcements about the launch date for the Wii, most of the industry has expected the machine to hit retail at approximately the same time as Sony's PlayStation 3 (which is set for November 17). Now, industry observers - and insiders - say they expect the system to be available in October, with late September a dark horse candidate.

Indeed, the company appears to be already manufacturing final retail units of the Wii, according to a June 21st analyst's note from P.J. McNealy of American Technology Research. That would give it a significant head start over Sony (Charts), which has yet to begin final manufacturing of the PlayStation 3. Microsoft's first Xbox 360 did not roll off the assembly line last year until 69 days before the on sale date of Nov. 22.

Seems interesting, if there's much truth in it! Can only be a good thing for us if its a staggered release schedule.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Confirmed announcement by Yasuhiro Minagawa (Nintendo Spokesperson)

"There's no change in our plan to release the console in the last quarter of this year. We are planning an announcement in September and it may be causing some confusion."

Source (story dated 06 07 2006 - and yes, it's a German site)

Soldato
Yeah, I just noticed this myself over at Gamespot.

I really want to get one but I don't think there will be any games that I will like come launch time (assuming it is going to be released in september). I haven't really seen any games that I like so far. The fishing rod game looked pretty sweet. I am sure there will be loads of great games out for it eventually though.

Whappers.

Soldato
Mr.Orb said:
The new zelda? I can't wait to Wii ( :o ;) )! Its going to be a great console, probably the best next gen console in IMO.

If it was zelda I wasn't aware of it. I just saw a man raising the controller to pull the line out of the water and throw it in the direction of the screen to cast the line. The possibilities are endless with the controller.

Soldato
jamie2497 said:
Yeah thats zelda. I really hope it does come out early really looking forward to this console.

In one way I would like it earlier, but in another way I don't. I don't want Nintendo to rush it, leaving tons of bugs and features which will become available later on.

Associate
I'm reckoning on an October 18th release, 21 years to the day since the NES's release in America.

Would give it a nice advantage over the PS3, and (assuming they really have started manufacturing now) give them a decent amount of stock to avoid stock issues.

Associate
I swear I am going to Wii myself if this comes out any time before xmas... Ba dum cha!!! Get it, huh? Aww...

I have been working out how to hook the Wii up to my TV along with the 360 for ages... hopefully it will have a VGA connection or something :) I hope it doesn't force me to put down the DS lite I bought 2 days ago though :(

Superb consoles that breaks so many boundries and imo is just testing the water before the Wii really comes up with some unique and truly fun gameplay ideas.

Associate
a little off topic but...

is it likely that the 360 will drop in price around september/november time to compete with the Wii and PS3?

and does anyone have any idea on how much the Wii is expected to be? :)

Associate
MS announced there would be no 360 price-drop for a while yet. It doesn't need to compete with PS3 since the PS3 is basically double the price anyway, and the Wii is expected to be around £130-£200 :)

Associate
i hope its £130.... that would be fantastic!
Might even see Wii + Game for £150 then :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would lap that up. Even at £150 it should be a steal! There better be loads of 3rd party support. If games developers weren't onboard before E3 this year they certainly will be now! Don't let us down!

Next year should be awesome for the DS too... the Nintendo president said we can expect lots of 3rd aprty games for it towards the end of this year and into next as they finally took notice of its huge sales at the start of this year and loads jumped onboard! Superb.

Back
Top Bottom