Settlers - 10th Anniversary

Associate
Oh nice one - the second one was definitely the best of the series for me. The later ones started getting a bit strange for my liking, adding things like devine intervention and a sort of cartoon/fantasy feel to it, whereas I preferred the more authentic and historic feel to the second game (I never played the first).

Soldato
OKay, how **** is that demo!?! 90 min time limit and I *just* got to the border of the other guy!?

Bah.

Good game tho - time limit spoilts it, anyone worked out how to remove that pesky time limit? :p ;)

Soldato
elkdanger said:
Absolutely :) Can anyone post a couple of screenies? Goddamn Surfcontrol at work is blocking them all online :p

Doh! Just uninstalled it so I could install Settlers 4 :p

Graphics are good, you'll be wanting to buy it :p

Associate
Soldato
This is the best news all year!!

The original was great, but I do think Settlers 2 improved upon it. The only thing it missed was the random map generator - can't understand why they removed that.

Lets hope it remains faithful. I wish they would make the real Settlers 3, not that pap they've released ever since 2.

Associate
MadFruit said:
This is the best news all year!!

The original was great, but I do think Settlers 2 improved upon it. The only thing it missed was the random map generator - can't understand why they removed that.

Lets hope it remains faithful. I wish they would make the real Settlers 3, not that pap they've released ever since 2.

To be fair I thought Settlers 3 was pretty good, although it certainly wasn't as played as S2 was. I've just seen some screenshots and it does look the business, although I hope they cater for those of us who would rather play it entirely in the traditional top-down view; not too sure about all this 3D technology :cool:

I'm pretty excited about it now, and it's not too far away from release either.

Soldato
Awwww! I installed the Settlers 2 Gold Edition and it has corrupted textures (colors) and wont let me go above 1024x768 :( :(

Thats rubbish :( on XP

gazozborne said:
Slight problem, may not be coming out in UK :-\

Theres a poll on bottom right of the Settlers site asking if people would buy it if it was released in the UK, comes out autumn in Germany though - so get voting people :p

linky: http://www.thesettlers.com/uk/home.php

It better do!!!!!!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom