Coucil Housing question :o

Soldato
Hey all,

My mum is thinking of moving back up to the Hemel/ Watford area as my nan hasn't been doing the best, and my mum doesn't really know many people down here.
The thing is I want to stay down here, as TBH I ****ing love it down here. Now for the question, we live in a 2 bed council flat, as it's in her name at the moment, when she moves out would I still be able to continue living here? Could she pass the flat onto me so that I could continue renting? (It would be a damn site cheaper than any other option [apart from the streets :p]).

$

Permabanned
It would be an utter disgrace if you could.
Why can't you just get pregnant at 14 and get a flat the official way huh?

Brighton is supposed to be a really great place to live, I live near Hemel - I feel your pain.

Permabanned
Bear said:
I've yet to see any one in a darth vader suit in Hemel or Watford but when I do, Im sure to say hello :)

LOL. I tend to avoid Watford where possible preferring St Albans or Hemel.

Soldato
Im pretty sure if you have lived there longer than 6 months the lease can be transferred to you, but it might be different for each local council, best to ask them really.

Soldato
$loth said:
Hey all,

My mum is thinking of moving back up to the Hemel/ Watford area as my nan hasn't been doing the best, and my mum doesn't really know many people down here.
The thing is I want to stay down here, as TBH I ****ing love it down here. Now for the question, we live in a 2 bed council flat, as it's in her name at the moment, when she moves out would I still be able to continue living here? Could she pass the flat onto me so that I could continue renting? (It would be a damn site cheaper than any other option [apart from the streets :p]).

$

cant she put you on the rent book ? then you can continue to rent it after shes left

Associate
Roughneck said:
cant she put you on the rent book ? then you can continue to rent it after shes left
Get your name as a co-resident, then you will have a chance of transfering the tenancy to your name... good luck!

Back
Top Bottom