Logo required for a new business...

Soldato
Is it possible for someone to give me a few ideas on a logo i need to design for a wood/timber factory selling fence panels etc. It's to go on a website and on letters, so doesnt have to be big at all.

Doesnt have to be to complex, just something that reflects the company (ie wood etc)

Could the text "J.P Smiths" be included if possible?

Many thanks.

:)

Permabanned
This is something quickly knocked up as an idea

tpsmiths0ya.png

Permabanned
It shouldn't really have a wooden background if it's meant to be printed on letters. Unless it's properly textured at a high resolution. Otherwise it will look like smeared ****.

Associate
I did a two minute sketch of an idea and scanned it for you(excuse the quality, I'm on my sister's PC atm and paint is sorely lacking).

img0047rr.jpg

When I get back onto my PC I can transfer that design into Illustrator and make a nice vector, I won't bother if you don't like it though:D

Edit: Haha, wow that really looks pap, maybe I'll vector it anyway just to feel better

Last edited:
Soldato
~J~ said:
I actually like that!!! Simplistic, yet to the point!
I like it too but I don't think it will be iconic enough in comparison to the many other organisations which have also adopted a tree as a logo, i think you're definitely onto something with a nice simply shaded vector for it, but originality in business now is harder to come by.

Produce that sketch though please, lol, for him, it does look like a good idea :)

Soldato
I'm not too sure about a tree logo for a timber factory.

"Hey, look at this lovely tree! We chop trees like that down and turn them into fence panels..."

Just doesn't do it for me.

Associate
Mickey said:
I'm not too sure about a tree logo for a timber factory.

"Hey, look at this lovely tree! We chop trees like that down and turn them into fence panels..."

Just doesn't do it for me.

Yeah I agree tbh, it strikes me as a logo that would work better for a nature reserve or something. I'll vectorise this one and then have a play with a few more ideas :)

Edit: Hmm, I think it looks nicer without the lines around the text, what do you think?

JPSmiths.png
JPSmithsLines.png

Edit again: I don't think it works that well as a logo for a timber merchants:( It'd probably make a nice looking "web 2.0" style logo for something though:p

Last edited:
Soldato
A tree for a timber factory is slightly cliched no? If it's for letters etc I thought a simple text logo might be nice.

I know nothing about logos, but I think this looks quite nice :) Probably miles off though

Back
Top Bottom