One of the coolest car adverts ever

Zip

Zip

Soldato
It was either holden or ford that made an Ad like that a few years ago.
It was there idea first(Even tho i hate them and do like BMW)

Soldato
When the 300zx was launched Nissan ran a similar "you can't catch me" ad where the car raced and beat all kind of stuff including a fighter jet and an f1 car. All a bit silly if you ask me.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The original BMW film series starrting Clive Owen with the guest directors was fantastic. Yeah, they weren't aired on television due to advertising speeding being forbidden, but they were done very very well.

Star is my fave - How BMW's should be driven.

Beat the Devil - James Brown, OOWWW!

Sadly they have stopped providing the full res films to download and have stopped selling the DVD. A worthy watch I feel.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dup said:
The original BMW film series starrting Clive Owen with the guest directors was fantastic. Yeah, they weren't aired on television due to advertising speeding being forbidden, but they were done very very well.

Star is my fave - How BMW's should be driven.

Beat the Devil - James Brown, OOWWW!

Sadly they have stopped providing the full res films to download and have stopped selling the DVD. A worthy watch I feel.
Those 2 are great :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
There's a copy of the DVD on ebay for £4.50.

Here's the aution description:

These brilliantly produced films star Clive Owen as the driver. Hired for his superb driving skills and unshakable poise, the driver encounters unexpected obstacles that put his abilities to the test. Watch as each film reveals new depths of character, intrigue, and cinematography.

Hostage Stars: Clive Owen, Maury Chaykin, Kathryn Morris Director: John Woo The driver races to locate a kidnapped victim locked in the trunk of an abandoned car somewhere in the city. Linked to her only by cell phone, the driver narrows in on her location in a desperate race against time. Preeminent action director John Woo and star Clive Owen pair to create this fast-paced action thriller.

Ticker
Stars: Clive Owen, Don Cheadle, F. Murray Abraham Director: Joe Carnahan The driver rescues a mysterious messenger carrying an even more mysterious briefcase after an ambush on a rural highway. As a helicopter gunman relentlessly pursues them, a game of political intrigue plays out, with an unforeseen ending.

Beat the Devil
Stars: Clive Owen, Gary Oldman, James Brown Director: Tony Scott Decades ago, the legendary James Brown sold his soul to the devil for fame and fortune. Now he wishes to renegotiate. Hired to take Mr. Brown to a rendezvous with the devil (Gary Oldman), the driver soon finds himself entangled in fiendish plans.

Ambush
Stars: Clive Owen, Tomas Milian Director: John Frankenheimer On a dark freeway, a van swerves close to the driver and the door slides open. From inside, masked gunmen threaten to fire unless the driver stops and surrenders his passenger, a seemingly harmless man they accuse of smuggling diamonds.

Chosen Stars: Clive Owen, Mason Lee Director: Ang Lee The driver meets a ship carrying an eight-year-old Tibetan boy at a dark, deserted New York shipyard. But he's not the only one waiting.

The Follow Stars: Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Forest Whitaker Director: Wong Kar-wai The cunning and tactics of trailing another car quickly evolve into a mystery rife with deceit, as The Driver is hired to follow a woman accused of cheating on her famous husband.

The Star
Stars: Clive Owen, Madonna, Director: Guy Ritchie The driver faces perhaps his most perplexing challenge: Coming face-to-face with a hugely talented and successful rock star. But beneath her beauty lies a problem she always gets what she wants.

Powder Keg Stars: Clive Owen, Stellan Skarsgard Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu Soldiers patrol fields and rural villages. Their mission: Find a photojournalist who has snapped a picture certain to unite the world against their leader. Alejandro González Iñárritu directs Clive Owen as the photographer's driver and sole hope of getting him and his film beyond the strongly guarded border.

Plus Bonus material:

The Making of The Hire

Driving Techniques or Things You can do with Your BMW, But Shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom