URGENT!! :( replacement pump needed...

Permabanned
well, after only 2 months of owning a thermaltake bigwater SE, the pump is dying, currently it sounds like a wasps trapped inside it and its driving me nutts. just 1 problem though, OCUK dont sell replacement pumps for this and i cant find a UK retailer that does ?! :( its a good little cooling system when its quiet so id like to keep it, is there any chances of someone pointing me towards a place to buy one ? if you could e-mail it to me i would be greatful as i dont want this thread to break the forum rules. sorry OCUK, if you sold these i would hapilly buy it from you but alass you dont sell crap water cooler parts :(

Permabanned
OP
mercyless said:
could you not rma it, warranty out ?

switech mcp350 12v looks a good replacement.

sorry i should have added further, ive owned it for 2 months but its second hand, no cover left. do you know for certain that the swiftech one will fit it ? any idea how much they are as i only paid £30 for the entire kit...

EEEEK its £50 :(

Last edited:
Associate
they cost around 50 quid lol. might get it cheaper if you shop around.
if you thinking of upgrading in the future then consider it. other than that i think the mag pumps will suit.

Permabanned
OP
mercyless said:
they cost around 50 quid lol. might get it cheaper if you shop around.
if you thinking of upgrading in the future then consider it. other than that i think the mag pumps will suit.

im fairly new to water cooling and i didnt want to upgrade the hole setup, mag pump ???

Soldato
C-Systems would be an ok replacement, theyre fairly cheap... not that reliable tho...

Tbh, the pump is the most important part along with the rad, so spend what you can... with the MCP350, it will last with multiple new setups. .. not just this one :)

Permabanned
OP
what do you all think of these pumps ?

Danger Den - Mag II LE Pump - 3/8" Barbs

Nominal voltage: 12 VDC

Motor type: Brushless DC*
Nominal power: 8 W

Pump bearing type: Polished Sapphire
Maximum head: 2.5 M (3.5 PSI, 97" H2O)

Size: 2.1”W x 2.1”H x 1.74”D
Maximum flow: 567 l/hr (150 GPH)

Weight: 241 g (8.5 oz)
Connection size: G 1/4 BSPP

Warranty: 30 Months (2-1/2 Years)
Power connector: 3-pin (fan header style)

50,000 Service Hours MTBF
£35

or

Alphacool Laing DDC - 12volt Pump

Technical data
Measures: (w x d x h) 62x62x38mm (without connections)
Kind of engine: electronical commuted ball engine
Nominal voltage: 12 V DC direct voltage
Allowed voltage range: 6 to 13.2 volt
Lifting height at 12V: 3.7m
Max. lifting height: 420L/h
Transport media: water, water-/glycols-composites*
Max. system temperature: 60ø C
Media contacting parts: stainless steel 1.4571, PPS-GF40, EPDM O-rings,
aluminium oxide, hard coal
Connections: 2 x 3/8" hose connections
£36.99

given the current pump only pushes 90 liters an hour either of them would be a massive improvement.

or i can just buy another bigwater SE kit for £25 complete with pump.

Man of Honour
Before buying my new setup I looked at upgrading the pump but the problem is that the thermaltake SE kit uses 1/4 tubing with matching connections. So it would mean upgrading the tubing and connections. The cpu block and rad is also designed for low flow pumps (an old design) so will see little or no benefit of using an upgraded pump, higher flow pump. Thats why I just dumped the Bigwater and went for a complete new kit. Can you not afford a new kit as maybe that would be a better solution?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
w3bbo said:
Before buying my new setup I looked at upgrading the pump but the problem is that the thermaltake SE kit uses 1/4 tubing with matching connections. So it would mean upgrading the tubing and connections. The cpu block and rad is also designed for low flow pumps (an old design) so will see little or no benefit of using an upgraded pump, higher flow pump. Thats why I just dumped the Bigwater and went for a complete new kit. Can you not afford a new kit as maybe that would be a better solution?

nope, i cant. :(

Man of Honour
I only had it running for a few months tbh m8 becuase I didn't like the rad so went to a Big typhoon air cooler instead. However I now miss the silence watercooling gives so I've bought a new setup. I was going to use it as a separate loop to just cool the chipset but if you want it, its yours. Contact me on msn webbo10 at msn.com if you need any further info to keep the thread cleaner.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
sorry feriso, ive decided to junk the thing and build a new proper one based on a 3/8 system, but your offer was much appreciated.

Fine fair enough, I might be tempted to take the bits off you then for posatge? what have you got left?

edit : Opps - better move this to the MM before we get booted - Can you put a reply in that wanted thred - ta

Back
Top Bottom