Chromehounds Clan

Soldato
Now, I know this didn't get a great reception for it's demo but personally as a mech fan I really enjoyed it.

I went and picked it up from Tesco this morning (they've made it too easy) and I'm going to play through the single player campaigns over the next week or so.

Now, multiplayer seems to be where it's really at and it's really a clan based game. You can do the usual Deathmatch etc. but they've included a persistent PVP world (Neroimus War) where you can take one of 3 sides. And this seems to be where it's at.

I'm interested to know who might get this and who's interested in forming an OcUK clan.

Now..
1) I'm a complete noob at multiplayer clan style games, I've played MMRPGs such as EQ, CoH and Eve but I've never played Counterstrike style games etc. and tbh I'm a little intimidated, sounds daft I know, but there you go.
2) I'm hoping this might be the game to "break my duck" but I'll need it to be pretty relaxed as I can't guarantee how often I get the chance to play.

It looks like it could be fun.

Associate
I've enjoyed it more than the demo, a lot more infact but I will be swapping it next friday. Theres just nothing about it that really grabs me. Bring back mechwarrior 2+3 if you ask me.

Soldato
I think the demo made more people move away from purchasing the game, then the Full Auto demo did lol. I only played the demo once, but it doesn't help that it had no multiplayer capabilities of any kind.

Soldato
I bought it also.
Was very disappointed that on release day and being a Friday night that the mulitplayer server was offline :( Thats a poor show TBH and something that doesnt bode well for the future.

Soldato
OP
Bobbler said:
I bought it also.
Was very disappointed that on release day and being a Friday night that the mulitplayer server was offline :( Thats a poor show TBH and something that doesnt bode well for the future.

I know. But...

Here's what it says on the Sega website:

'We are currently experiencing some issues with the online component of Chromehounds. We have discovered that there is an artifical limit on the number of players that are able to play online at any one time. SEGA would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to assure you that we are working to correct this issue. We have already carried out two rounds of server maintenance and greatly increased the number of players that can play online. At this time we are working with Microsoft to increase this number even further during the scheduled server maintenance on Tuesday 11th July.'

So looks like they're looking at fixing things as quick as possible.

As an add. I've joined a relaxed UK mature Clan called The Bulldogs. :)

Soldato
OP
McManicMan said:
its miles better than the demo thats for sure, not tried online but have had a look at all the options and the world map, looks intense

Well built a mech and just done my first couple of missions with the clan. Fantastic game and omg, why haven't I played more multiplayer games in the past!

It can be quite daunting at first and there's a lot screens but within half an hour I'd got the hang of it. We did 2 missions for Sal Kar and won them both. If there's no humans matching your rank, equipment etc it pits you against bots which is a nice touch so there's no waiting around.

So, so far nothing bad. This is so a multiplayer game, don't judge it by it's single player demo.

Associate
I've heard from a lot of places that this is the best online 360 game yet, although they did mention the single player was terrible.

I was rather shocked to not see a big thread on here with 20 pages worth of people creaming it over the live perpetual war.

I've just bought it myself and it looks complicated, although i've not actually played it yet..

Permabanned
Awesome Multi-player experience, joined a Tarakian squad and have been kicking butt for the last two days(AI and other players), helped liberate my capital after losing all our cities last night.

Lots of customisation for the mechs, don't think I've made two that are alike yet.

Some of the night battle scenes look damn good, tracer fire, rockets, heatseekers all lighting up the night sky as we rain terror down on the opponents!

Anyone who is on the fence, thinking about getting it, shouldn't think too hard , it's well worth it.

As said, arguably the best MP game out on the 360 atm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom