sky+ pc connection

Soldato
composite video is your only option for capturing the picture, as far as im aware anyway, sky+ doesn't have svideo out and capture cards dont have RGB in.

Soldato
Clarkey said:
composite video is your only option for capturing the picture, as far as im aware anyway, sky+ doesn't have svideo out and capture cards dont have RGB in.
Wrong, ALL Sky+ boxes have an active Svideo output.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'm not interested in recording anything onto the pc, only watching programmes. What's the easiet method of getting my sky+ to display on my computer screen or through the pc?

Soldato
Tesla said:
Wrong, ALL Sky+ boxes have an active Svideo output.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that, only have regular sky here.

In that case, you want a Vivo graphics card or a capture card with svideo in, that will provide image quality far superior to composite.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I have an x1900xt which has 2 dvi ports and the little black one in the middle, which I'm not sure what it's called? is this capable of doing the job? or will I need a tv card?

Caporegime
msm722 said:
I have an x1900xt which has 2 dvi ports and the little black one in the middle, which I'm not sure what it's called? is this capable of doing the job? or will I need a tv card?

You need a capture card. You should get one with scart or svideo inputs.

Associate
If you want to watch sky on your pc and in effect replace your sky box wih your pc you need a TV tuner card and one that has an attachement to plug the sky card (for the encryption card in). There is a great forum at www.avforums.com under entertainment and computers subforum mce, that describes exactly how to do it. You can even get the free BBC HD channel as well if you have a powerful enough computer to de-interlace a 20mbit feed.

Associate
you want an analogue tv card such as the hauppauge PVR150 it has svideo IN and stereo in... do not forget the sound !

Back
Top Bottom