19" screen choice

Associate
I have been looking at various monitors to go with my new build and i am thinking of the Viewsonic line. Which is the best to go for out of the;

VP920
VX922
VP930?

I have been reading the specs and reviews, but i`m wondering if the extra for the Vp930 was worth it? The VX922 seems to be well priced aswell, though i prefer the VP styling. Also, are there any problems associated with any screens (ie backlight bleeds..etc) or do they come with lots of dead pixels (or are they mostly perfect?). My max budget is around £300, but i want to get a screen that is good and will last, but i know very little about monitors and will be replacing a 8yr old 17" CRT.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Man of Honour
the difference between the VX922/VP920 and the VP930 is that the VP930 is based on the much more rounded P-MVA panel technology, as opposed to the other two which are based on TN Film. The VX922 is arguably one of the best models for gaming out at the moment and certainly very responsive. However, you will have to settle for the poor viewing angles, especially vertically, lower colour depth, lower black depth and more noisy movie playback as compared with P-MVA technology. The VP930 is one of the best all round screens in the market right now, and still offers some very good responsiveness for gaming

If you prefer the styling of the VP series as well, the VP930 would be an excellent choice.

Regarding dead pixels, the VP series actually has a full zero dead pixel policy, including 15 days policy after receipt for dead sub pixels (red/green/blue). The VP series also covers you against fully dead pixels (white/black) but the VX series also has this aspect as well.

Permabanned
Baddass said:
Regarding dead pixels, the VP series actually has a full zero dead pixel policy, including 15 days policy after receipt for dead sub pixels (red/green/blue). The VP series also covers you against fully dead pixels (white/black) but the VX series also has this aspect as well.

Wasn't that stopped? Must be thinking of wrong company as you know your stuff hehe, :) Can you please reply to my thread please while your at it :p

Man of Honour
sjohal2006 said:
Wasn't that stopped? Must be thinking of wrong company as you know your stuff hehe, :) Can you please reply to my thread please while your at it :p

Viewsonic still have it on their VP range afaik, with it being mentioned for the VP930 on their spec page as well :)

Back
Top Bottom