Shop barriers go off if tag goes over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
say, if you were nicking something... im not going to or anything,, (im just wondering as i was in sports world today) and you put the clothes with the tag on over the barrier, or say a game over the barrier, would it go off. I know if you go through the barrier, it wouldnt, but say if you through it over or went round the sides, would it go off?

Soldato
salami1212 said:
say, if you were nicking something... im not going to or anything,, (im just wondering as i was in sports world today) and you put the clothes with the tag on over the barrier, or say a game over the barrier, would it go off. I know if you go through the barrier, it wouldnt, but say if you through it over or went round the sides, would it go off?
Yes it would.

Soldato
Do you know this for fact or making assumptions?
The reason I ask is that a couple of months ago I watched somebody in Virgin.
He was going through various DVD's and I know for a fact he'd put a few in a bag he was carrying.
As he went over to the door this bag was, for want of a better word thrown over and behind one of the upright posts as he walked through and then bought back up to his shoulder as he got outside - he certainly gave the impression he'd done that before.

I was looking around for a member of staff to alert, however next thing I knew two of them were flying outside anyway, had him to the ground and were bringing him back into the store.
As they bought him in the alarm sounded.

Associate
you are all wrong. if you hold it a reasonable amount over the barrier it wont go off. I know this for a fact, having been a retail manager for years.

Associate
Me and my mates used to play a hilarious game involving an HMV tag that hadn't been de-activated when one of us bought something there. Whenever we were heading in to town you'd have to hide the aformentioned tag somewhere on one of the others, with "comedy" results, (it appears an active tag will set off any shop alarm).

They hid it in my shoe once - took me about a week to find it.

Ahhhh, to be young again....

Man of Honour
The same as if it goes through. It's not where the tag is, it's how far away it is. Above, below, behind, infront, makes no odds.

Anyway, I don't personally think that discussing ways to avoid a shop's anti-theft devices is appropriate for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom