Spec me a Cowbell!

Soldato
Right, with all the hugely knowledgeable (is that even a word) drummers around on the forums i thought i'd ask here.

i need to buy my best mate / housemate a big present for his 21st birthday because i'm not gonna be there i'm going to a gig whilst he goes out and gets drunk. its a tough decision to make but i HAVE to see this band again!

So, i want to buy him a cowbell because we both love the sound and he doesnt have one for his kit yet, he also doesnt have a china and he wants one but they're far too expensive :p

So, can you guys spec me a top shelf cowbell :p
and then whatever fixings he'll need to attach it.

Cheers

Matt

EDIT - and i'm assuming the Paiste "PST 5 China 18in" isn't very good being only £67 compared to the sabian ones way over £100 and £200 in cases.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm Bruce Dickinson, and when I put on my pants I can make gold records!

Cowbell.gif

Soldato
No it isn't really needed and it won't make a huge difference.

Best would be to go to a percussion shop and try them all out and make a racket. Not to mention dance around like Will Ferrell.

Man of Honour
Carzy said:
I'm Bruce Dickinson, and when I put on my pants I can make gold records!

Cowbell.gif

I'm embarassed to say that around 79 I was playing in a cabaret band and I used to get a cowbell out and play along to Play That Funky Music, Dreadlock Holiday, Long Train Running and Why Did You Do That Thing To Me. I had the permed hair but not the beard.

Soldato
If you're in Hampshire you cant be too far from Drumwright. Get yourself down there and pick up this bad boy :p

Or just chat to them, i'm sure they'll recommend something in your budget -- but i doubt you'd be able to get anything other than a splash for under £100.

Soldato
Get an LP Ridge Rider cowbell! I have a lil' ridge rider and it's fantastic - not too ringy and well dampened. (although I'm not sure you want it for the musicality!)

The Pearl ones are great too - ADC drums (www.adcdrums.co.uk) do those kind of things with free delivery :)

Northwind2

N

Northwind2

I saw the Manics for a while back, when they started Slash and Burn there was a mighty shout of MORE COWBELL! from the audience :D

Back
Top Bottom