• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In need of an AGP card.

Associate
Hi,

My 6600gt has died a death and im in desparate need of another AGP card for around £100.

The options ive so far looked into are:

X1600 pro 512mb
X800 GTO
6800 second hand :o

I need it to be able to run dod:s at a resonable framerate but i do not use high resolutions and i turn all AA off etc.

any suggestions are appreciated!

Soldato
If you are shopping for AGP-only then I would definitely buy second hand, AGP prices are pretty ridiculous now. :( If you did need to buy new though, then I would suggest buying the X1600 Pro or 6600GT as I am in the same position as you (looking for a card, but PCI-E, with a strict £100 budget) and am looking at these myself.

Soldato
I have a 256mb 6800GT @ Ultra and it plays DOD:S on max resolution, with everything on (aa, af etc) and at high with a very decent framerate, usually between 70-120fps

Man of Honour
Úlfhednar said:
If you are shopping for AGP-only then I would definitely buy second hand, AGP prices are pretty ridiculous now. :( If you did need to buy new though, then I would suggest buying the X1600 Pro or 6600GT as I am in the same position as you (looking for a card, but PCI-E, with a strict £100 budget) and am looking at these myself.
If you're on PCI-E, you might find it handy to look at the hugely over-spec 7300GTs. Cards with 500MHz GPU and 700MHz ("1400") RAM, or even higher, are available for as little as £60 and spank a 6600GT. Be careful about the speeds, though, as they vary a lot from model to model. Also, there's the DDR thing - if a 7300GT is listed as having, for example, 700MHz memory, is that 350MHz doubled because it's DDR or actually 700MHz? Either is possible, due to the variation in speeds on 7300GTs.

Back
Top Bottom