Recommend me a rowing machine, and tell me where to buy it

Suspended
As titled.

I want a decent rowing machine I can use at home (need to drop a few pounds..) My budget is £100, however I know very little about them. If someone could recommend me a good cheap one and point me to it, that'd be great.

Cheers guys,

Mike

Associate
Morba said:
up your budget and find a 2nd hand concept2.

there is a reason why most gyms have these, they are great and work for years!
Concept2s are very well built rowers, they're pretty much the industry standard. If you can stretch to a second hand one of those, it'd be a great buy.

Associate
Morba said:
the only people who have it on lower than max are female

Or a rower... If you're competing (say an erg test for crew selection), it's standard to set the drag setting to 135*, which is meant to correlate with the average drag of water on a hull. Usually around 4 1/2 on the fan lever.

To the OP, also consider a rowperfect or a water rower (if you see one second hand). I haven't any idea about 2nd hand prices for these, but they're both very capable machines too (as long as it's one of the more modern water rowers). But there's a reason why concept 2s are so common (and why I've got one sitting downstairs).

If you're not going to be able to cover that sort of budget, put your money into a local gym membership and go there.

*For the model Cs, you need to press two buttons simultaneously to make it display the drag reading. I think it's rest and ready. For the model Ds (newer blue/grey ones) it's somewhere in the options menu. Take a few strokes and adjust.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom