Spec me a Website!

Permabanned
Hi all,

I'm looking for a web site.

Requirements;

.com name included
~10Gb space

Not bothered by "only" 99% uptime, it's only to host photos etc for friends and family.

Also not bothered by included e-mail addresses etc.

So whats the cheapest I can get 10Gb and a .com name for?

Thanks

Cobra

Associate
Most decent hosting packages allow you to install a photo gallery via one click. Really simple stuff.

Check out the OCUK host review for hosting. Personally I use dreamhost, and whilst quite a lot of people don't reccomend them i've had no issues.

20GB storage and 1TB bandwidth a month and it worked out about £20 for the full year with a confirmation code I got off Google.

Permabanned
OP
I really like the look of DreamHost, and think I will go for that.

Any ideas on how to get another confirmation code?

Soldato
777 still works, I think. That gets you the Crazy Domain Insane package (unlimited domains, unlimited subdomains, 1TB transfer, ~3GB storage) for $9 for the first year and $60/year after that (although you can just opt-out after the first year if you like, I was more than happy to renew it).

Permabanned
OP
robmiller said:
777 still works, I think. That gets you the Crazy Domain Insane package (unlimited domains, unlimited subdomains, 1TB transfer, ~3GB storage) for $9 for the first year and $60/year after that (although you can just opt-out after the first year if you like, I was more than happy to renew it).
Yes, it does!!!

Also 5back puts you at $22.50 a year forever, which would work out cheaper after 2 years. This will do me for now though. Thanks, guys!!!

Permabanned
OP
Sorry, one more thing...

How long does it normally take domains to be accessible?

FTP is up already, but can't view the site yet. It's shown as registered now (by me) if you go on a domain name checker.

Permabanned
OP
Phaser said:
Regarding Dreamhost, can you not use another code for the second year?
No, it's on registration only, and once per card. So you'd have to release the domain after a year, and then sign up and grab it again, using a different card.

Dreamhost really is good, I'm liking it! My site went up after only a few hours, and I got a really good deal! 77cents a month (40p) isn't bad for a .com with 20Gb storage and 1Tb transfer! Unlimited e-mail too.

Thanks so much guys!

Back
Top Bottom