F@H P3 Power Parpage

Man of Honour
That's OK. I nuked a competitor in the slug out using a 450MHz P3. Expected it to come last. :D

It's been retired already though. It wasn't fair on Stanford to leave them waiting 90 days to return it's last result due to me setting 'minimise network connections', so a P4 has taken that work to clear it in 14 days or so.

Associate
Berserker said:
That's OK. I nuked a competitor in the slug out using a 450MHz P3. Expected it to come last. :D

Heh, the wooden spoon is all mine! With low spec machines and only 1 week of the competition each it came down to what WU's you get. You did the right thing by going for the deadlineless WUs Berserker. I got a 56 pointer then a 633 pointer so the 56 pointer was the only one that made it inside the deadline. My bottom placed cruncher (ok nibbler) was a PIII 1Ghz with 512Mb of RAM.

Man of Honour
The 241 pointer took 10 days. If I'd have been in it for only a week, well, I wouldn't have been in it, so you'd still have got the wooden spoon. :p

Why do you think I didn't declare that machine in advance. :)

Soldato
OP
Well my P3 is currenty doing a 220 pointer, 5 days time apparently :cool:

edit: And thats 3x 52 pointers on my 3700... why cant they be the other way around :(

Back
Top Bottom