Ronaldo wants to leave United

Soldato
I don't think he was a good player for us, sure he got a few goals and had the odd blistering game but he has not progressed as a player in the 3 years he's been with us. I would rather have a player who is more determined and focused and will give more than 100%. Ronaldo has never and will never do that for us.

Permabanned
"Nobody stood up for me, although I did not do anybody any harm. In two or three days I'll decide where to go."

Im sorry but, If he thinks that, then he really does need to leave. Hope Man U play the team in the Champs league and Rooney is playing. :D

Also he will go where HE wants to go, what if nobody puts a bid in for him, rot on the bench.

Associate
Good riddance to the cheating scum. :mad:

I say that not just for the Rooney incident, but his general attitude throughout the World Cup.

He was even diving in the 3rd place play off FFS! :rolleyes:

Lots of talent, but not suited to the English game or fair play in general.

Ronaldo! Mind the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out!

Now **** off!

Soldato
Wasn't sure whether to post in here or in the transfers thread...

My thoughts on this...

I kind of feel torn between sorry for the lad and good ridddance.

I'll deal with good riddance first. If he truly thinks no one at United would have stood up for him and is throwing his dummy over this then he's not fit to wear the number 7 for United. Look at all the **** Beckham had to put up with after his red card dismissal. It should be Rooney who's crying and under pressure from the tabloids, yet here is Ronaldo - an extreme talent who is whinging because he's been criticised for diving and going up to refs. If he thinks that sort of behaviour is acceptable, he can **** right off to Spain and I'm sure he'll fit in fine. He's been a cause of trouble at United since he arrived (Ruud, Keano) and has failed to show that he's grown up at all since he joined the side. He has continued to act like the 17yr old brat he was when he joined the side, only his end product has diminished over time instead of improved.

On the other hand... He has some of the quickest feet and best control I think I've ever seen from a player his age. I feel like he has a huge wealth of untapped potential, and had he been coached properly (note to Ferguson and Quieroz) he could have matured into a fantastic player for Man Utd. His end product and pass distribution weren't good enough and he was too greedy on the ball, yet for Portugal he always managed to produce that extra 10% that got a goal - be it header, cross or free kick.

Cristiano Ronaldo gave people a reason to tune into MoTD week in and week out, and if you look at the positive aspects of his game the Premiership will be a duller place without him. On the other hand, the less players we have who dive in the PL and in our team in particular the better.

I'm sorry for him, he has huge potential which he seems to have ****** up a brick wall. He'll be hated in England, by ABUs and now by the fans who used to cheer his stepovers, nutmegs and Recoba crosses. I have to say in a lot of ways going is probably for the best, as tonight watching the Portugal game I found myself sick of looking at him and wanted to see him get hacked down. I really couldn't have imagined that 6 months ago - infuriating as he could be.

76deb035e6.gif
</cough>

Last edited:
Associate
"Nobody stood up for me, although I did not do anybody any harm. In two or three days I'll decide where to go."

Sounds like a big headed jackass, "deciding" were he goes. I hope, if Real Madrid is the first choice that Capello doesn't do a damn thing about signing him. I did not like him before the Rooney incident and I can't beleive people were surprised or shocked by it. Every time I have seen him play he'll whinge at the ref and dive constantly. I dont support Man Utd but i imagine they'll get a replacement pretty easy.

Man of Honour
I will be upset if he leaves simply because of his potential talent that hasnt even been close to being reached. He's an awesome player now, way to inconsistent, but with age may have turned out to be the best in his position

Character aside, which to be fair, he was an immature prat, and really does throw his tantrums, but yeah chacter aside he will be missed and at a time where we need top players to keep up with chelsea, its not really good news

Permabanned
IceBus said:
Recoba crosses.

76deb035e6.gif
</cough>

For the way he can get pass players you think he could cross, its the worst part of his game, utter pish, he would rather make a run than cross.

If you look at most of his dives he always looks to the ref as soon as hes landed, like a "look he tripped me" its just asking for trouble.

Soldato
we all know the crack

its written by the lords of football now

at some point in the champions league, he is going to torture man utd

red card.. goal.. penalty.. who knows.. but its all set up

Soldato
I'd never call Utd fans harsh but...

Red Cafe said:
"Oh Spain how nice... sunny isn't it... I bet you like that 'cause it drys your tears quicker than at Manchester where it rains all the time like your eyes. Send us a post card... oh and 25 millions sterling as well, cheers"

Associate
cheets64 said:
For the way he can get pass players you think he could cross, its the worst part of his game, utter pish, he would rather make a run than cross.

If you look at most of his dives he always looks to the ref as soon as hes landed, like a "look he tripped me" its just asking for trouble.

I know what you mean, as soon as hits the deck he looks and pouts at the ref like a spoilt child. I would have liked to have seen him try that with some old school centre halves. As for Man Utd fans worrying about him leaving, I would rather lose a couple more games than have a cheating ponce diving and whinging every Saturday. I read the figure being thrown around is £22M, think about what he's done for your club and what you paid for him and you should glad to get rid.

Back
Top Bottom