Ronaldo wants to leave United

Soldato
76deb035e6.gif

There's quite a simple solution to that kind of behaviour.

A red card.

This is slightly off topic but the world cup was destroyed by this kind of behaviour.

Permabanned
Ex-RoNiN said:
Ronaldo, as a player for Portugal, had all the right in the world to complain about a horrific injury to one of his teammates.

Ah right,that 'horrific' injury must go down in history as the 1st man ever to get kicked in the nads and be fully recovered in 5 minutes ;)
On that note,how come Carvalho (also a prem player) has not come in for the same ammount of stick as Ronaldo,as his feigning of an injury prob had more to do with Rooney getting sent off than Ronaldos involvement?

Soldato
But it's not just Ronaldo I've lost respect for. I've no respect for Henry any more, nor for the entire Holland team, nor any of the Portuguese. Nor the referees. Nor FIFA (especially that paragon of hypocrisy, Sepp Blatter). They have all let themselves and the viewing public down by tolerating this kind of behaviour. It's spoiling the game - most people can see that, and it needs to be stopped. But the current set of fools in charge of the game don't look like they are going to be the ones to do it.

Fully agree. Did you hear that press statement that Sepp Blatter used to dive when he was a player :rolleyes: Don't expect any improvements under him :mad:

No player has the right to complain to the referee, nor to demand a card, nor even to 'tell the referee that it was a foul'. The ref is in charge of the game, he should make the decisions as he sees them without having to put up with a bunch of whining kids trying to pressure him into a specific action.

Just like diving, however, this is part and parcel of the game these days. As I said before, you can't blame Ronaldo for playing the system. It either needs to stop indiscriminantly, or it will continue.

This is slightly off topic but the world cup was destroyed by this kind of behaviour.

Spot on.

Ah right,that 'horrific' injury must go down in history as the 1st man ever to get kicked in the nads and be fully recovered in 5 minutes

He didn't seem fully recovered after 5 mins, but that's my take on it.

Soldato
News of the World said:
RONALDO: I MUST LEAVE
By Antony Kastrinakis

CRISTIANO RONALDO last night launched a scathing attack on Alex Ferguson and Manchester United, insisting: "I have to quit and join Real Madrid."

The Portugal superstar blames boss Ferguson and owner Malcolm Glazer for forcing him out of Old Trafford in the wake of his World Cup bust-up with Wayne Rooney.

Ronaldo said: "They are the ones who are driving me away from the country.

"There are no conditions for me to continue at Manchester. I am calm and my agent Jorge Mendes is taking care of my situation. There is only one club I want to join."

Ronaldo accused Fergie and Glazer of failing to defend him after he helped get Rooney sent off in last week's World Cup quarter-final against England.

Ronaldo, speaking after Portugal had lost 3-1 to Germany in the third-place play-off, said: "Neither the president nor the manager have defended me over what happened. I don't want to be rude about anyone but they should have.

"I feel fragile at this time. I didn't do anything wrong to anybody. I was not at fault for what happened. I think my situation will be resolved in two or three days.

"To be honest it's very difficult to see that my future will be in Manchester. I've already said some time ago that I wish to play in Spain and I hope that can happen."

Ronaldo caused furore at United two weeks ago when he announced he had struck a deal with Real presidential candidate Juan Villar Mir.

Even though Mir lost out to Ramon Calderon in last weekend's election, Ronaldo still wants the move to go ahead.

Earlier, it was revealed Rooney had pleaded with Ronaldo to stay AND that the Portuguese winger's Cheshire home had been vandalised.

A window was smashed and the front door of his Poynton pad damaged after the quarter-final victory over England.

That has only reinforced Ronaldo's desire to quit, even though he and Rooney have been exchanging text messages all week.

Rooney has made it clear he held no grudges and has been telling Ronaldo how much he wanted him to stay at Old Trafford.

Rooney told him: "It is time to put all this behind us. I am looking forward to playing alongside you for Manchester United next season." (like **** he said those exact words)

But his outburst last night will make it impossible for him to stay in Manchester.

Ronaldo is due to return home after a two-week break despite concerns for his safety.

Asked if he was on his way out of the club he replied bluntly: "I guess so.

Ronaldo was speaking after Portugal had lost 3-1 to Germany in the World Cup third-place play-off-and after Rooney had pleaded with him to stay.

The cheating Portuguese star has been lambasted for his play-acting in England as well as Germany but he remains unrepentant.

He adde d:" I don't care about the pressure from the English media. They lost two or three times against Portugal and they've got irritated. I don't care about that I just do my work. I am in a group that helps me very much and as for the English press everone knows how they work.

WAYNE ROONEYhas pleaded withteam-mate Cristiano Ronaldo not to quit Manchester United after thugs attacked the Portuguese star's home.

The attack has stunned the United winger and Rooney fears Ronaldo could be hounded out of the Premiership.

A source close to Ronaldo revealed: "He believes the United fans will stand by him, he loves the club and wants to win medals at Old Trafford."

United officials will provide round-the-clock security if he feels unsafe and Rooney's bid to heal the rift will be welcomed by Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

And a United insider added: "Fergie sees Rooney and Ronaldo as the jewels in the United crown and will fight tooth and nail to keep them together.

"It will be a big season for Alex, possibly even his last one at the club, and he knows they are vital to the success of the squad.

"The daft thing is they were so close before this incident. They sit next to each other in the dressing room and are the big wind-up merchants at the training ground even to the point of playing pranks on the manager.

"It is good news that Wayne wants to call a truce and continue their friendship."

At first Rooney was furious with Ronaldo's actions – especially his wink towards the Portugal bench which suggested he had deliberately tried to land his team-mate with a red card.

But over the course of the past week, the England striker has had time to reflect on the incident.

And while he argues that he did nothing to earn a sending off, he will forgive Ronaldo in the interests of peace in the Old Trafford dressing room.
Read more here

Associate
As a United follower, right now I couldn't care less if he leaved. And tbh ... ill help pack his bags if he wants (im not an England fan either im from Wales) but his antics in this world cup have been horrendous and imo he needs to go. And lets be honest, he has hardly ever produced a final product for all his fancy stepovers etc. I don’t think it would be hard to find a replacement that could actually cross a ball.

Fop

Fop

Associate
Ex-RoNiN said:
Ronaldo, as a player for Portugal, had all the right in the world to complain about a horrific injury to one of his teammates.

I'm not sure I'd describe a "stamp" in the groin that you could quite amazingly stop rolling around on the ground in "pain" as soon at the red card was flourished and jump up and make a complete recovery within seconds as "horrific". :p

Even mild glancing contact to his danglely bits should have left him in noticeable discomfort for at least a few mins after the fact.

Either the guy is a eunuch, or there was almost no contact at all (which in a deliberate stamp there would surely be), either way it doesn’t matter now, but all the same…

JonRohan said:
76deb035e6.gif

There's quite a simple solution to that kind of behaviour.

A red card.

I must admit he gets some points for sheer artistic style and effort on that one. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
If ronaldo leaves and also as the rumours say rvn (both to real madrid?), then united are in some trouble... especially if they have the supposed transfer caps put in by the glazers?

I can't see Fergie allowing both to go.

A) They dont like each other so they wont want to play for the same club
B) I truly believe RvN wants to stay at utd and just wants to sort this out

Soldato
I've got to wonder now if the intention all along was to force Man. Utd to sell him because his future in England will be very rough now after what happened, especially with the media attention?

Wasn't there already rumours that he was wanting to leave before the competition started?

Oh well, that one incident might make him a few million in any case. :)

Associate
IceBus said:
he's not fit to wear the number 7 for United.

Best, Robson, Cantona and even Beckham .... he should never have been given number 7.

Get 20m for him now and buy some of the Italian Serie A who'll all be looking for a team.

Let's face it, UTD never won much since he started playing. No decent balls for Ruud....

Get rid of him and do the best to hang onto Ruud.

Soldato
Tbh, hes not done loads for Utd. Its going to cause conflict when the Utd team get back together.

However, I think that Fergie can sort it out, put the differences aside and get along with things.

There are reports that Ronaldo wants to go to Spain. If he wants to go, then let him go.

I wouldnt mind him going.

Man of Honour
76deb035e6.gif
</cough.>

Bloody hell, walk past the TV and knock it and this one will fall over.

I am pleased he is wanting to leave, as I would have been front row centre at St James's next season to heckle him. His conduct during the World Cup has been nothing short of disgraceful

Back
Top Bottom